• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

lowering springs and ride quality

Started by black99lightning, November 13, 2015, 01:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raceuv

you do not need lms rear camber bolts. the only benefit to these bolts is they have washers that take up the room in the bolt hole so the camber bolt doesnt move. when i lowered and aligned my explorer i basically had to adjust the camber to max positive, the lms bolts do not give you any extra adjustment.
2014 Explorer Sport, H&R springs, 170 t-stat, Airaid cold air kit. Self tuned via HPtuners.

jonnoriega

Quote from: irondoor19 on May 18, 2016, 10:37:55 AM
The H&R Do NOT come with the camber Bolts, Separate @ auto Parts Shop.
There is a Post that details the P/N, But i never saved it, So you have to Hunt it up

I ordered the H&R Lowering Springs straight from Livernois and they came with camber bolts.  My garage buddies told me that they used 2 of them for the rear.  Here's my '16 Explorer Platinum.
2016 Explorer Platinum

EcoHell

I just ordered LMS' Level 2 Performance package plus their lowering springs, thermostat and plugs. 

They do "not" re-badge the H&R Springs 51630.  They come in blue with rear camber bolts. 

They did send me the wrong camber bolts and there was an issue with their CAI product.  Hopefully the CAI issue pertains to the 2018 model only, as the issue was not mentioned in their instructions for the CAI install.  Not a big deal, it was a quick fix. 

You may want to read my thread before ordering their lowering springs...will update my thread shortly.

JimBob_SF

Quote from: JimBob_SF on March 21, 2017, 11:14:04 AM
One note:  The top of the front strut needs some kind of thin-wall socket with a hole in the top to fit an Allen key to hold the body still (or something similar).  If you have tools like that, it's just a annoying as everything else Ford did with this suspension.  I've replaced shocks, struts... on all kinds of cars and nothing was a backward as what Ford built.  It may be standard for Domestic cars, but what a learning lesson it was for me.

Amen.  I got half way through putting the springs in and swore up and down when I got to the front struts.  After spending an hour doing the rear, I saw the need for yet another special tool.  Don't even THINK about replacing the front sway bar bushings.  You have to remove the bar...