• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

lowering springs and ride quality

Started by black99lightning, November 13, 2015, 01:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black99lightning

my wife may get a company car soon and if that is the case I'll start DD'ing the Xsport.  I would like to drop it.  I had put Eibachs on my GTO and within 6 months took them back out as the ride quality went to s***.  For those whom have put drop springs in the Explorers how did it ride and would you do it again?  Also which brand did you go with?
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

Vic2186

I only saw someone get a coil over setup ..Livernois sells the o ly springs available ..they look decent but the car rides great now

slicky

Livernois springs are rebadgered H&R 51630.  I just ordered these from Tirerack

black99lightning

2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

AJP turbo

Quote from: slicky on December 22, 2015, 03:43:13 PM
Livernois springs are rebadgered H&R 51630.  I just ordered these from Tirerack

What the point of re-badging?...ive notice an entire product line of re- badged items from electronics to mechanical items...i like knowing who the manufacturer is. This makes it a little more tricky
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Scott4957

Money! You wouldn't pay $110 more for the same springs just to buy them from XYZ. But if XYZ stamps their name on them and they have a good reputation and you convince yourself they are somehow better than H&R then maybe you would pay more. In reality they are exactly the same. That's what re-branding is.

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

AJP turbo

So lms sells them cheaper and they get to put their name on them?...ok thats good...i thought lms had fairly high prices on everything?

Looks like the springs can be had cheaper elsewhere

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Scott4957

Quote from: ajpturbo on January 12, 2016, 04:51:38 PM
So lms sells them cheaper and they get to put their name on them?...ok thats good...i thought lms had fairly high prices on everything?

Looks like the springs can be had cheaper elsewhere

You have it backwards, they sell them for more. So the illusion that they are somehow better allows them to do so. I mean come on, they have 11 second SHO's running down the track with those springs. ;)

AJP turbo

So its a scam and they dupe people?...strange world we live in

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Scott4957

Quote from: ajpturbo on January 12, 2016, 05:19:00 PM
So its a scam and they dupe people?...strange world we live in
Sometimes. There are times when rebranding isn't a scam. I can't say either way here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

gadgetball@yahoo.com

Do the H&R springs come with the rear camber bolts? I've read that people had camber issues with lowering the XSport. I know the Livernois springs come with this fix

irondoor19

The H&R Do NOT come with the camber Bolts, Separate @ auto Parts Shop.
There is a Post that details the P/N, But i never saved it, So you have to Hunt it up
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

JimBob_SF

I've got the LMS branded versions and the rear camber bolt.  No instructions came with them, but I think they've since rectified that.  Ride is like a VERY progressive spring.  At the top of the stroke, you feel it, but the diving and boat feeling is gone.  Well worth it.  I'll be looking for some Bilsteins at some point.

One note:  The top of the front strut needs some kind of thin-wall socket with a hole in the top to fit an Allen key to hold the body still (or something similar).  If you have tools like that, it's just a annoying as everything else Ford did with this suspension.  I've replaced shocks, struts... on all kinds of cars and nothing was a backward as what Ford built.  It may be standard for Domestic cars, but what a learning lesson it was for me.

djxfactor

Quote from: JimBob_SF on March 21, 2017, 11:14:04 AM
I've got the LMS branded versions and the rear camber bolt.  No instructions came with them, but I think they've since rectified that.  Ride is like a VERY progressive spring.  At the top of the stroke, you feel it, but the diving and boat feeling is gone.  Well worth it.  I'll be looking for some Bilsteins at some point.

One note:  The top of the front strut needs some kind of thin-wall socket with a hole in the top to fit an Allen key to hold the body still (or something similar).  If you have tools like that, it's just a annoying as everything else Ford did with this suspension.  I've replaced shocks, struts... on all kinds of cars and nothing was a backward as what Ford built.  It may be standard for Domestic cars, but what a learning lesson it was for me.

You're thinking a spark plug socket/wrench like this:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018U295K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's what I bought and used when I did my H&R's on the Flex and it worked like a dream.
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.