• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

World's Fastest Taurus SHO (take 2) 11.542 @ 119.49MPH

Started by bpd1151, November 12, 2015, 04:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoPowerParts

BTW, no way in heck do I want to live anywhere near Milan but I would love a teleportation tunnel so that I could instantly drive there to race :)

Never mind, I'd rather have a portal to ATCO :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SHOnUup

The prep they put down at the cad events actually hurts us I think. Not enough big tire cars heating it up and spreading it out. You'd come back from a run and so much was still on your tires that you'd have what looked like a mud patty of rocks covering your tires.

Hopefully we can get Jacob to join us at convention this year...along with Todd. Good times ahead.

Opening day at Milan last year did have negative DA to start out with...didn't run better times until it got up to 800...weird I tell ya.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Dumb question, flame suit on....

Does DA really affect us? I was watching one of the F150 TT vids and they claimed the stock F-150 makes the same power regardless of altitude.

Like Rich, I've seen some DA goofiness that really seems to have no rhyme ore reason.

BTW, good to see you Rich!

SHOnUup

I'm telling ya...to a certain degree I think it doesnt.

But, when you see the guys run at high altitude and DA in the 8-9k range...it definitely hurts then.

There has to be a breaking point where it starts to become exponentially worse I think.

Right back at ya FOMOCOSHO

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Mike and Jacob should both be commended and truly applaud them both for there fine efforts and both are winners in my book,in all fairness we should be on the same team not against each other,lets turn the page and move on IMHO and this is coming from a LME Supporter,thanks.  Z    :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOnUup on March 15, 2016, 05:29:51 PM
I'm telling ya...to a certain degree I think it doesnt.

But, when you see the guys run at high altitude and DA in the 8-9k range...it definitely hurts then.

There has to be a breaking point where it starts to become exponentially worse I think.

Right back at ya FOMOCOSHO

DA has a HUGE impact on times, you guys may not feel it there, be it causes big issues here, go to Colorado and it's multiplied a ton more.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on March 15, 2016, 05:38:46 PM
DA has a HUGE impact on times, you guys may not feel it there, be it causes big issues here, go to Colorado and it's multiplied a ton more.
I don't think there is anything to be gained from further pursuing this, Mike.  Like Z said, let's move on (forward & upward).  Thanks.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

In this thread we have one car with the quickest ET in the world and the other with the fastest trap in the world which is just outstanding for not only themselves and respective builders but for the entire SHO community.

SHOnUup

Just had a guy go 11.5 in a Focus ST too...think he trapped at 126. These ecoboost's are getting serious.

JDSHO

I am trying my best to make it to the convention this year. Dates again?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

SHOdded

I believe the dates are currently July 18-22, 2016, though there are usually activities on the prior Sunday and post Friday also.

There's also the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA in June if you are interested:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5815.msg91738.html#msg91738
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

Here in Utah we get our asses KICKED by DA.  If my tuned SHO nails a 13.50 I'll be thrilled.  My former Marauder at sea level would likely run a high 13'.  Here it ran 15.30 @ 93

My 11 second fox here would be a 10 second car in Vegas.

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

panther427

Da effect is reduced on any forced induction ride.   But it still does slow us down. I'm not familiar with the track in Utah. But my best run at bandi in Denver is in the 13.5 second range. Tune 3 bar. Plugs t stat and some e85
2013 SHO