• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Drive Bright Lights Daytime Running Lamp (DRL) Lower Cathode Replacement

Started by Adam, October 30, 2015, 09:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: BigPelo on May 18, 2018, 03:24:24 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on May 18, 2018, 02:15:40 PM
BigPelo perhaps ShoBoats thread might be more beneficial since his previous SHO was also from Canada! Dunno.  Z  :)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,373.0.html

Thanks for the head-up! But the thread you referred is for switchback (which I have and working since day 1 :) ) but my problem is with the daytime bright light that replace the accent "fog" light. I e-mailed Drive Bright and waiting a response.

Have you made sure to have the car at least with accessorie power on? I think I put mine on 92 and the car has to have at least accessorie power on or else they won't turn on.

You could also call in and talk to Dan. I've had my LED light replaced warranty issue and also the controller box. Dan is great at customer service.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

BigPelo

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on May 18, 2018, 04:11:43 PM
Have you made sure to have the car at least with accessorie power on? I think I put mine on 92 and the car has to have at least accessorie power on or else they won't turn on.

You could also call in and talk to Dan. I've had my LED light replaced warranty issue and also the controller box. Dan is great at customer service.

My wife and I have been driving the car day and night for the pass 2 weeks since I installed the kit, the lights never lit.
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: BigPelo on May 18, 2018, 04:19:35 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on May 18, 2018, 04:11:43 PM

My wife and I have been driving the car day and night for the pass 2 weeks since I installed the kit, the lights never lit.
Aahhh ok I guess it's not that then lol. I would read the manual and find a fuse that is for lights and stick it in there lol

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BigPelo

Quote from: ZSHO on May 18, 2018, 04:32:08 PM
The Add a Fuse adapter requires TWO of the same identical AMP- Fuse!

I found this over Taurus.net Forum,hope it helps any. Z

https://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17723

https://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=17723&sid=c40770f894fbce69d52ea5e2c3d62c9f&start=20

You mean both fuses need to be 10A? if it's one 5A with one 10A, it won't work?  Thank for the feedback.

My e-mail to Drive Bright hasn't been answer yet...
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs

ZSHO

BigPelo perhaps ShoBoats thread might be more beneficial since his previous SHO was also from Canada! Dunno.  Z  :)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,373.0.html

Thanks for the head-up! But the thread you referred is for switchback (which I have and working since day 1 :) ) but my problem is with the daytime bright light that replace the accent "fog" light. I e-mailed Drive Bright and waiting a response.

I think you have the ADD-A FUSE ON backwards based on the ground pin! Try Switching to the other side and see if it works.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BigPelo

Quote from: ZSHO on May 22, 2018, 11:31:47 AM

I think you have the ADD-A FUSE ON backwards based on the ground pin! Try Switching to the other side and see if it works.  Z

I tried to "reverse polarity" without success...

Thanks for keeping up with suggestions!

Macgyver

Some say Dan is good at customer service. I say Nope. Will never do business with him again. My 2cents there.