• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

*How-To* Install EVO-ALL remote start

Started by nickstewartroc, September 15, 2015, 09:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstewartroc

This is to show you how to install a Fortin EVO-ALL module for remote start capabilities in your 2010-2012 Taurus Push-To-Start. I did this on my 2011.

Module Needed: Fortin EVO-ALL Universal All-in-One Data Bypass and Interface Module http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047XSLLQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Programming Module: Fortin - FLASH-LINK - Fortin Computer Firmware Update Tool USB Bootloader http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030VFJ20?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01

Tools:

• Soldering Iron
  • Heat Shrink
  • Wire cutters/strippers
  • Small flat head screw driver
  • Heat Gun

Unless the guide gets updated (The guide what was published when I bought it: http://fortin.ca/en/download/46371/preview.html) This guide has a few problems with it. First off, the connector they have you use for the ignition wire, the wire is not in the connector, in fact the space they want you to use is vacant. Also, they don't tell you to hook up the one connector to actually give it power. On to the guide...

Unhook the negative cable on the battery
Remove the glove box.
Remove, or atleast remove the front two screws from the panel under the glove box.
Under/behind the glove box there is a set of 5 connectors. Brown, Clear, Blue, Green, Gray.
Go ahead and unlatch the connectors, the yellow part of the connector pulls down like a level to release the latch. Then bring the whole bunch up though the glove box opening for ease of access. You'll only need to modify the first four (you won't need the gray one)
To remove the wires from the connector, pop off the red cover on the front of the connector. Looking at the front of the connector, stick your small flathead screwdriver down on top of the connector you are removing, with it angled down on top of it. It might take a few tries to figure it out. At the same time, pull the wire on the back of the main connector and it should pop out.

Now for the wiring...
Brown Connector:

• Car                    --> Remote Starter
  • Orange w/ Red  --> White w/ Black
  • Purple w/ White --> White w/ Red
Clear Connector:

• Purple w/ Orange --> Gray w/ Black
  • Brown w/ Orange --> Gray
Blue Connector:

• Blue w/ Red --> White w/ Blue
Green Connector:
You'll need to cut the White w/ Blue wire. Give yourself enough that you can solder to both ends of the wire!!

• Yellow w/ Gray   --> Light Blue
  • Purple w/ Green --> Yellow
  • White w/ Blue Wire into Connector -->Yellow w/Red and Blue w/ Black
  • White w/ Blue Wire into Harness    --> Yellow w/ Green
Power (Data-Link Connector)
You'll need to use the extra Datalink connector cable and cut it (or splice it)

• Datalink Connector  --> Places
  • Red   --> White w/Blue on the remote starter module (The one that goes to the  Blue w/ Red)
  • Black --> Somewhere with ground. I used a self tapping screw on the mount for the module with the five connectors

Once the wiring is done, go ahead and plug the connectors back in, and reconnect the battery.

Grab your module and the programming module and head to the computer. Go to http://fortin.ca/en/flash-link-manager.html and download the programming software. Get that installed and plug in your programming module. Then plug in the module to the programmer. Go through the setup based on your car and when you get to the main page which should have multiple tabs such as Options, Upgrades, etc. Go to the upgrades tab and make sure you are on 71.28. DO NOT go to 71.29 YET. Once the upgrade is finished, unplug the module and go to your car.

Once in the car, go through the guide on how to program the module. One problem I ran into was on the step where it said to hit the Push to Start twice, it didn't register. I ended up pressing and holding the button to turn the ignition ON and not just into accessory mode.  Make sure after you run the Dcrypter on the computer, you go to the options tab and enable the OEM remote monitoring and OEM Standalone Remote Starter. I also checked the Lock-Unlock-Lock option to keep the horn from beeping when I start it up.Go to the upgrades tab and make sure you are on 71.29 (Unless there is a newer one from the time of writing, though if there is a newer one and you are having problems, try 71.29) Once the upgrade is finished, unplug the module and go to your car. Now plug it back into the car like the guide says and give it a go! I tried mine from within the car to see if any messages or anything showed up.

If you have ANY problems, feel free to post an I can try to help, but also give them a call. They are great service people and make sure it gets working. I was on call with them for a total of like 8 hours trying to get mine to work. Part of my problem was a bad module, once Amazon replaced it, it was simply a software problem (which is why I say 71.29)

Pictures are coming, trying to figure out best way to attach or what hosting site to use
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

BiGMaC

Photobucket... Free... Use the bottom share link.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

nickstewartroc

Thanks BigMac! Wanted to see if I could upload through here first, I have had problems with most picture places before where after a while they get taken down or overlimit, here are the others those!
Current:

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SHOdded

Great info, Nick, thanks for taking the time to post it all up, and the offer to assist.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Blackhawk

Wow thanks for the write up.  Is all of it basically through the glove box?  If I don't have to install laying on my back under the dash I may give this a shot myself.  Do you know if the ability to interface another module that would allow you to use a separate long distance two way remote?  The range on my FOB is pretty short and I would like to start my car from within my office building.

nickstewartroc

All through the glove box, correct! I didn't have to lay on my back at all, just say on a mat right outside the car to do the install. It is supposed to be real easy to add an interface module to it, I'm still trying to figure out which one I want to go with. From what I have read and a couple of youtube videos, it should be as easy as plugging in another module and supplying it power, then a simple learn procedure and you're done. When I finally decided and install one, I'll be sure to update the post if someone hasn't already!
Current:

nickstewartroc

Bought an RF starter add-on for increased range: Python 4206P [http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_95220_Python-4206P-Same-as-Viper-4806V.html] It's the same module as the Viper 4806V, and the remote's are similar. The only real differences that I could find are that the Python has a 2000' range, while the Viper claims 1 mile and that the Python is half the price! With the Evo All installed, it only took 5 additional wires to hookup.

• On the Python module --> Evo-All
  • Pink on 8pin remote start --> Diode --> Yellow Ignition Wire (Ignition) [Check the Evo-All Install guide for orientation of diode]

• Black w/ White 24pin harness --> Ground (Neutral Saftey Switch)
  • Green 24pin harness --> Green (Door Status)

• Red 6pin --> Positive 12+
  • Black 6pin -->Ground

From here, you just have to follow the Programming System Features in the Python Install Guide:
file://localhost/Users/nick.stewart/Desktop/RemoteStartInstallGuides/4806_Install_Guide.pdf
Current:

SammyB

Just to be clear nickstewartroc, all I need to purchase are the two items you linked in your original post?

Thanks
2011 SHO Non-PP. H&R Springs, Unleashed Tune, 3 Bar MAP, 170 deg thermostat. 3rd cat and resonator delete. Custom exhaust with X pipe. Snow Stage 2 Methanol Injection. Custom Cat-less down pipes.

nickstewartroc

Yes! With just those two, you will be able to do a 3x lock to remote start, or you configure it to be lock-unlock-lock to remote start
-Nick
Quote from: SammyB on October 21, 2015, 05:34:48 PM
Just to be clear nickstewartroc, all I need to purchase are the two items you linked in your original post?

Thanks
Current:

SammyB

I want to start by saying Nick is the man. His data on the wiring is spot on correct. I installed mine and fought for 3 days thinking I had done something wrong. I even used the firmware that Nick recommended that worked for his car. Our cars are identical down to the year and color but it didn't work for me. I called Fortin technical support and after a few goons who were trying to get me off the phone, I got another tech who said " you've called twice today and no one told you about the special firmware?" If you scroll down the firmware update page, there is 0.57 which is specifically for Taurus push to start. I uploaded the firmware to the module and had it programmed in minutes. Remote start works flawlessly.

I wanted to especially thank Nick for taking atleast 40 texts from me and going back and forth to try and help me out. He is an outstanding member of our community.
2011 SHO Non-PP. H&R Springs, Unleashed Tune, 3 Bar MAP, 170 deg thermostat. 3rd cat and resonator delete. Custom exhaust with X pipe. Snow Stage 2 Methanol Injection. Custom Cat-less down pipes.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Adam

Any way to plug and play extend the range on a 13+?  The range is ok.  My guess is about 60' max with no obstacles in the way.  I would like it to be about 150'.  Noting insane, but about 3 times as far with nothing in the way.  I was reading about an xpresskit.com hook up.  But no one has said if it extended the range.

SHOdded

You mean something like this?  It requires a yearly subscription (plus the Vehicle Security Kit 19A361 for vehicles that don't have remote start already) though.  Discussion for a 2013
http://accessories.ford.com/aerial-asy-10667.html

Remote Access

Part No: DL3Z-19A390-B
SRP: $385.71

Start vehicle from nearly anywhere with the dedicated Access Smartphone App.
    Lock, Unlock, Start and Find functions.
    Optional security feature provides shock/impact detector, perimeter alarm and theft alerts via text or e-mail.
    Covered under New Vehicle Warranty when installed at time of vehicle sale.
    Requires annual data plan.

Vehicle Notes:

Requires Vehicle Security Kit 19A361 at an additional cost.

Compatible with:
C-MAX 2016
Edge 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
Escape 2016
Expedition 2015 2016
Explorer 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
F-150 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
Flex 2013 2014 2015
Focus 2016
Fusion 2014 2015 2016
Mustang 2015 2016
Super Duty 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
Taurus 2013 2014 2015
Transit Connect 2016

nickstewartroc

Figured it's been awhile with it installed, so I'd give some feedback on it.
At first it was nice being able to remote start with lock-unlock-lock, though I would have problems with the last lock signal not being picked up by the car every-so-often. It could simply be that I needed to replace my battery I'm not sure. The other thing I run into is sometime it won't start. I have no idea why it doesn't, the brake lights turn on, after a few seconds off, then back on and after a few seconds off again. If I try to remote start again it works, again no idea why. I have also ran into the problem lately, and again it could be that I need a new battery for my OEM fob, but I'll go to get it and the car shuts off and wants the key. Usually it will start back up after I take the key out of my pocket. Another thing to be aware of is if you try to remote start it and you get in before it starts and you manually start it, it will shut the car off, I am guessing in an attempt to "start" it. I had a problem this morning where I started it, opened the back door like I do everyday to throw my bag in and the car shut off wanted the key. I got it with the key in hand and hit start and it started then shut off. I tried this 3 more times and same thing. I guess the module isn't quite smart enough to realize I am in the car trying to start it, stop trying to "start" it for me. Other than that, the module has been great and so has the Python RF remote
Current: