• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Install of JLT oil seperator/catch can 2010-2015 Taurus SHO

Started by jpstreet1, December 13, 2015, 01:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on August 20, 2016, 09:00:14 PM
I have a nice billet catch can from my G8 days and want to install on passenger like the JLT. I want to make my own set up. Doea anyone know the Ford part number for the  " supplied 1/2" push loc hoses" like the JLT unit? Thanks for any help. I would use the JLT unit but the can is tiny and 120 bucks when all I need is the hoses and push loc ends.
Here is the part # for the VENT HOSE(AA5Z6C658B).....just use a (heat gun)or (utility knife)just use caution to remove the connectors on both ends to make your own kit,hope this helps any and LMK.  Z  http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/taurus/aa5z6c658b/2013-year/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/emission-system-cat/emission-components-scat/?part_name=vent-hose

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

Quote from: avidmotion on August 20, 2016, 09:00:14 PM
I have a nice billet catch can from my G8 days and want to install on passenger like the JLT. I want to make my own set up. Doea anyone know the Ford part number for the  " supplied 1/2" push loc hoses" like the JLT unit? Thanks for any help. I would use the JLT unit but the can is tiny and 120 bucks when all I need is the hoses and push loc ends.
Here's a link to ford parts,it has all the part numbers for the pcv system. The hose with the quick connectors is  $13 so you could just buy that hose and get 2 connectors with it.

https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.PartInfo&PartNumber=AA5Z6C658B&VehicleID=416694&diagram=JN10325&Title%3D-3.5-LITER-W%2FTURBO-VENT-HOSE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

glock-coma

Damn Z your quick. Beat me to it.

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on August 20, 2016, 11:19:00 PM
Damn Z your quick. Beat me to it.

Sorry Glock..... finally got a new laptop and changed the channel on the router manually to a less clutter-free connection and better overall speed,lol.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Dang Z!  Looks like the information highway got owned, LOL!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

metroplex

I have their JLT separator for my mustang GT from last year, so it used the smaller mesh filter but with OEM nylon lines.

I installed their JLT 3.0 separator on my SHO and after a week started to smell gasoline under the hood. It looks like they use Thermoid air brake hoses with pin prick vents for their SHO separators, and gas vapors are weeping through the pores of the hose. It got so bad I yanked the system and left it in the garage, and the hose has a bunch of gasoline residue condensing on the outside. I've seen their photos showing the same air brake hoses for some of their other applications. I wonder if no one else is complaining because only the EcoBoost GTDI has issues with fuel dilution while a N/A or SC Mustang would mainly have oil pass through the system, and because most EcoBoost owners go with UPR or RX??

Anyone else with the JLT 3.0 on their EcoBoost using the air brake rubber hoses?
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

ZSHO

I would say for the extra $$ steel braided hoses R a must for any OCC setup and can be purchased by the foot and would avoid using PCV/EEC Hose because due to high heat exposure they can certainly collapse overtime.  Z

metroplex

PCV/EEC/Fuel hose is rated for  -40°F to 257°F. Considering the CHT on my SHO never rose above 220F, I'd say the hose would be fine.

Although GM does use a lot of braided hoses on their GTDI engines, at least on my LNF, mainly the breather line and PCV/turbo inlet line probably because they sit right next to the turbo. On the SHO the turbos are fairly far away from these hoses.

After reading about Livernois's response to the whole catch can/separator craze, I'm going to remove the JLT seeing how its not catching any oil. Maybe on another application it would be worthwhile, but it looks like the factory oil separator is doing its job. I'm also not seeing any reduction in knock retard with the JLT as it is collecting all of the vapor byproducts, so what's the real point other than take up space and weight?
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

ZSHO

Quote from: metroplex on January 02, 2017, 12:49:54 PM
PCV/EEC/Fuel hose is rated for  -40°F to 257°F. Considering the CHT on my SHO never rose above 220F, I'd say the hose would be fine.

Although GM does use a lot of braided hoses on their GTDI engines, at least on my LNF, mainly the breather line and PCV/turbo inlet line probably because they sit right next to the turbo. On the SHO the turbos are fairly far away from these hoses.

After reading about Livernois's response to the whole catch can/separator craze, I'm going to remove the JLT seeing how its not catching any oil. Maybe on another application it would be worthwhile, but it looks like the factory oil separator is doing its job. I'm also not seeing any reduction in knock retard with the JLT as it is collecting all of the vapor byproducts, so what's the real point other than take up space and weight?
Please due forgive us with (OCD)cause we like to take the necessary precautions and be on the safe side of things,lol. Z

MiWiAu

Quote from: ZSHO on January 02, 2017, 01:16:19 PM
Please due forgive us with (OCD)cause we like to take the necessary precautions and be on the safe side of things,lol. Z

I found a comparison of PCV vs braided stainless hose for the OCC. LOL

In all seriousness, I can appreciate your recommendation, Z. I'm confident that I'll get years of service out of my Gates PCV hose, but I also keep a close watch on these things, so I will replace (possibly with braided, if it wears faster than expected) when necessary. :)

Keep in mind, this is also coming from the guy who glued in his AJP Turbo boost regulator elbow, so I have other things to keep my worries occupied. LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

AJP turbo

Underneath braided hose is rubber...ever cut one?....braided hose come in various forms also...some for fuel and oil and some are just vac hose
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Braided hose is just so much more eye candy than plain ole rubber hose though!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 02, 2017, 02:09:45 PM
Underneath braided hose is rubber...ever cut one?....braided hose come in various forms also...some for fuel and oil and some are just vac hose

Yeah, I guess I was thinking of a reinforced hose for higher vacuum applications if my stuff collapses over time, not necessarily stainless jacketed rubber hose.

In looking closer at the specs it appears the Gates PCV line I used (1/2" ID, Safety Stripe II) is rated up to 4.9 psi vacuum, while sub 1/2" ID is rated to 11.8 psi.

Not sure what sort of crankcase vacuum is generated in normal operation, but I haven't experienced any issues yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Newfang

metroplex

Awesome! Glad it worked for you. Please be sure to let JLT know as well, so they can fix the issue for future customers.
12.4 @ 110.9 mph