• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded/Larger Turbos or Methanol Injection: What is your first choice?

Started by SHOdded, October 26, 2015, 11:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

ZSHO

I havent heard of any failures with our primary two tuners LME and Torrie,now in regards to Diablo they certainly had some less than fortunate catastrophic events,not sure if it was meth related though.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Quote from: PokerMunkee on November 01, 2015, 09:19:12 AM
How did Bob with the red Flex in FL blow up his engine?  I know it was his fault, but he was running meth at the time.

Correct, his own fault.

Had absolutely nothing to do with his Unleashed tune, nor did it have anything to do with his kit.

He mixed up his own concoction of juice, vapor locked it, and umm yea. Lesson learned.

But as I stated previously, all of these systems have proven uber safe, and the benefits, outstanding.

Run (any) system as it was intended, and/or recommended by the mfg'er, and cero problemos.

Actually Bob is doing well, I just spoke with him recently (within last 4 weeks) and he still has his Flex oddly enough, so ironic his name popped up. He recently replaced his PTU, as well as some suspension stuff due to normal wear/tear. Bought himself a new Vette, and is having himself lots of fun.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

I will be putting Meth on the '13.  After long talks with Mike and seeing Jon (91hybrid) car run, I was sold.  Just not sure what kit to buy.  I like the Snow kit cause I'm pretty sure the F150 injection plate with fit out cars, so no drilling anything.  I got all winter to think this thru.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Sabtaj1

Quote from: CroR1 on November 01, 2015, 09:06:56 AM
Do you run anything for your washer fluid?

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on November 01, 2015, 12:03:10 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on October 31, 2015, 08:28:15 PM
If yiu are running meth, you do need to keep an eye on the meth tank levels.  A pretty simple check to add to your routine.

Or if your like me and used your washer res, you get the low washer fluid light come on inside the vehicle.  Works like a charm...

No I don't in the summer. But will be pulling the pump for the winter and running washer fluid then. Other that that my window stays decent. Never had an issue. Also most washer fluids have 30-32% meth in them already. And I use rain X. Lol.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

JDW1

Wait, so in here guys are saying installing a meth kit is easy, in another they say it takes like 10 hrs.  Which is it?
13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: JDW1 on January 30, 2016, 01:55:29 PM
Wait, so in here guys are saying installing a meth kit is easy, in another they say it takes like 10 hrs.  Which is it?
Both.

There are plenty of tasks that are "easy" and at the same time require lots of labor time.

A prime example is when I do inventory at work. It is easy but it takes quite a bit of time to do it properly.

fastforever

Go with the meth! I have a system with a 300 psi pump, a # 12 nozzle and most importantly a meth controller. The controller makes tuning easier. With just catted LMS down pipes and a 3rd cat/muffler delete and much tuning from Torrie, My 2012 PP SHO runs 12.44 @ 111.29mph here in South Florida. I have stock turbos and exhaust And I have 255/45/20 DWS tires which slow me down a bit.

Install took about 6 hrs and tuning took at least that long. I used Devil's own parts to tap into the washer tank and custom mix the meth exactly 50/50 with DISTILLED water. Only use washer fluid in emergency as it has cleaners and other additives which can harm your motor. Pure water is better in emergency.

Meth system is best bang for the buck!

Good Luck!
LMS catted dps, 3rd cat/muffler delete, 50/50 meth kit and Torrie tuned = 12.44 at 111+mph at PBIR, south FL.

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

AJP turbo

For money savings- meth

For a better tuned machine, turbos

The ecu doesn't understand where the extra fuel is coming from hence why you see stft's all jacked up in meth tunes
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Sabtaj1

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on June 17, 2016, 02:51:36 PM
Nitrous!

I was contemplating a wet kit for awhile but I have no idea where to tap the fuel on the 13 eco flex.  Looking at the pics of yours the 13 and up must be different???
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on June 18, 2016, 02:30:13 AM
Quote from: EcoPowerParts on June 17, 2016, 02:51:36 PM
Nitrous!

I was contemplating a wet kit for awhile but I have no idea where to tap the fuel on the 13 eco flex.  Looking at the pics of yours the 13 and up must be different???
There should be a metal to plastic line in the passenger side of the engine compartment. You can use adapters there to get you a -4 AN fitting.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts