• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dynomax axle back

Started by Heelfan1, July 26, 2016, 01:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heelfan1

Anyone running these? any feedback? With the rebates now its a pretty cheap option to try.
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

Blackhawk

I have a new one for 225+ shipping if interested, I ended up going with a used catback from a local party for about the same price as the dynomax new.
Quote from: Heelfan1 on July 26, 2016, 01:52:04 PM
Anyone running these? any feedback? With the rebates now its a pretty cheap option to try.

Vortech347

I'm sitting on the fence of doing one.  Being a gear head the silence in the car is nice but I wouldn't mind having a little more exhaust note.  But not stupid loud that it ruins how overall quiet the car is.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Heelfan1

Quote from: Vortech347 on July 26, 2016, 04:13:50 PM
I'm sitting on the fence of doing one.  Being a gear head the silence in the car is nice but I wouldn't mind having a little more exhaust note.  But not stupid loud that it ruins how overall quiet the car is.

Ive looked up a few videos on youtube but all but one that I can find have other exhaust mods like x pipe or removed 3rd cat. The one that appears to be the only mod only shows idle and a few short throttle blips. Sounds pretty good but hard to tell how bad the drone is. If you do buy from major retailer there is a $75.00 rebate on them right now. Jegs or Summit seem to have the best price with free shipping which would be about $250 after rebate.

SHOdded

Is it aluminized steel or true stainless?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Heelfan1

Vortech347

Quote from: Heelfan1 on July 26, 2016, 05:24:45 PM
Quote from: Vortech347 on July 26, 2016, 04:13:50 PM

Ive looked up a few videos on youtube but all but one that I can find have other exhaust mods like x pipe or removed 3rd cat. The one that appears to be the only mod only shows idle and a few short throttle blips. Sounds pretty good but hard to tell how bad the drone is. If you do buy from major retailer there is a $75.00 rebate on them right now. Jegs or Summit seem to have the best price with free shipping which would be about $250 after rebate.

Yeah same here, can't seem to find anyone that ONLY did the axle back.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

bamsho

There isn't much sound difference with or without the 3rd cat or downpipes. I still do have the factory resonator installed, I'm sure tbf at helps alot.  Before I got my tune files for my '13, you couldn't stand driving the car.  Rasp and drone where terrible, believe it or not, after I tuned the car, rasp and drone were all but gone.  I have very little drone or rasp now,  wife and daughter never complained.  My only complaint was with the tips, they had small rust spots that showed up fairly quick.  I've been complimented alot on the sound.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SVTCruz

I'll be selling the mufflers soon if anyone is interested. They were a little too quite for me. I'll be selling the mufflers only, no tips. $100 plus shipping

ZSHO

SVTCRUZ please post a pic with your "username"on the ITEM'S up for sale on a piece of paper as per forum rules,thanks  Z   http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,997.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SVTCruz

Quote from: ZSHO on July 27, 2016, 08:43:33 PM
SVTCRUZ please post a pic with your "username"on the ITEM'S up for sale on a piece of paper as per forum rules,thanks  Z   http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,997.0.html

Will do, I haven't officially made a for sale thread because they are still on the car. Hopefully I'll have them off by Saturday

Heelfan1

Off topic but I had to replace the magnaflow muffler on my f150 yesterday due to something coming loose inside and causing a bad harmonic rattle. This time I went with a BORLA. I just thought Id change up and get something with a little different sound. Well that didn't work out as there is no audible difference between either muffler. They both are straight through designs but the only difference that can be noticed is that the rattle is gone.