• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded/Larger Turbos or Methanol Injection: What is your first choice?

Started by SHOdded, October 26, 2015, 11:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

Meth, due to playing 2 roles. More power and cleans the  intake vales.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

bpd1151

Absolutely, 100%, w/o a doubt, the 100% Meth Injection System. Period.

To expound, each power adder you've listed in your poll, definitively plays a roll in the overall power equation.

But dollar, for dollar (next to a simple tune) there's no disputing the HUGE benefits of running Methanol. For a myriad of reasons.

ElvenSho

I am seriously thinking of ordering that kit from torrie but need to find someone to install it for me. (Plan for next summer)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

Sabtaj1

Quote from: ElvenSho on October 26, 2015, 01:51:07 PM
I am seriously thinking of ordering that kit from torrie but need to find someone to install it for me. (Plan for next summer)

Definatly meth.  Besides. You will need the meth for upgrading the turbos for the extra fueling it provides.  And it's not too bad to install to be honest. PS... I'm in Bettendorf Iowa. ;-)   
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Vortech347

I would totally go meth.  Its cheap, cleans the intake valves, and has very little to do for install.   I had meth on a supercharged car and it was fantastic.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

ElvenSho

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on October 26, 2015, 03:07:24 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on October 26, 2015, 01:51:07 PM

Definatly meth.  Besides. You will need the meth for upgrading the turbos for the extra fueling it provides.  And it's not too bad to install to be honest. PS... I'm in Bettendorf Iowa. ;-)   
I am in waterloo! Do you have meth installed?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

Cruxin

I'm partial to mods that you don't have to refill. Plus I like the challenge of not using meth, but that might just be my engineering mind ;-). 1st choice would be upgraded stock turbos and 2nd would be aftermarket turbos. Water to air I/C's as well.

Cheers!
Sean
Owner - Titanium Dynamics
"Ideal Performance, Without Compromise"
www.titaniumdynamics.com
Instagram: @titaniumdynamics

CroR1

How reliable is meth? What happens if it malfunctions while at wot? What's the risk, is the question?

glock-coma

Quote from: CroR1 on October 31, 2015, 05:02:18 PM
How reliable is meth? What happens if it malfunctions while at wot? What's the risk, is the question?
tuned for meth and meth fails at wot= extreme lean condition = kaboom
Not sure if the ecu could still save the engine in time.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

bpd1151

And in the same token, there has not been one single incident where a catastrophic failure has occurred using Methanol in an Ecoboost based power plant. Not one.

The systems currently available (no matter who the vendor may be) have proven extremely reliable to say the least.

Next to a tune, the next biggest bang (no pun intended) for one's dollar, is bar none, the addition of Methanol.

SHOdded

If yiu are running meth, you do need to keep an eye on the meth tank levels.  A pretty simple check to add to your routine.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sabtaj1

Quote from: SHOdded on October 31, 2015, 08:28:15 PM
If yiu are running meth, you do need to keep an eye on the meth tank levels.  A pretty simple check to add to your routine.

Or if your like me and used your washer res, you get the low washer fluid light come on inside the vehicle.  Works like a charm...
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

CroR1

Do you run anything for your washer fluid?

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on November 01, 2015, 12:03:10 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on October 31, 2015, 08:28:15 PM

Or if your like me and used your washer res, you get the low washer fluid light come on inside the vehicle.  Works like a charm...

PokerMunkee

How did Bob with the red Flex in FL blow up his engine?  I know it was his fault, but he was running meth at the time.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4