• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New To The World Of Ford

Started by Adam, October 22, 2015, 08:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

If you are wanting to do the LMS route properly, you will need to have the car at their shop, dyno'd, etc so they can dial it in for you.  That's their SOP, and it works.  One of the things they have emphasized time & time again is that PSI is not how they make the numbers/timeslips they do. 

If you want to be remote, datalog, and have the tune tweaked, then you will need an SCT tuning device and tuners like Unleashed or LET who have experience with the 3.5EB platform.  Not to diminish LET in any way, but I know Torrie @ Unleashed is very good with remote tuning, has worked on many platforms from the mundane to the exotic, and so I'd stick with him if you switch to the SCT side of the tracks.

Maybe you can work with ajpturbo to see what can be done.  He is in the process of self-tuning his SHO, and says he runs 22-24 psi (?) regularly no problems.

ARP head bolts are a great idea regardless.  PPE & LME downpipes are among the best units you will find out there, both use the Magnaflow hiflow cats (if going catted).  Unleashed offers a 3" downpipe setup that also works.  No dyno on that one tho I believe.

With bigger or upgraded turbos, shouldn't really have to turn up the PSI as much.  I believe we are looking at a practical street/DD limit of about 500 AWHP, and a strip-only limit of 600 AWHP.  There are rumors that 600 AWHP is streetable, but due to the extremely limited sample, hard to speak for longevity.

Just some thoughts.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

I just noticed I said "LMS" when the correct abbreviation is "LME" :D  Apologies!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Larrylu

Quote from: SHOdded on October 25, 2015, 06:31:18 AM
I just noticed I said "LMS" when the correct abbreviation is "LME" :D  Apologies!
Showing your age. I bought my tune in 2011 and I believe it was LMS back then. The association was made and I still struggle with LME.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro