• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost Stang

Started by J-Will, October 21, 2015, 11:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Will

In Houston TX for a week, and my rental is a black convertible ecoboost.  Pretty nice, though I do miss the interior of the Taurus.

the exhaust sound is noticeable, but almost like it tried to hard to be vocal.  Its not a bad sound, but it is not a great tone.  It sounds like Ford engineering tried anything they could to get it sounding like a Stang... but fell short.  The car is not as fast as I was hoping, but the gas mileage is great.

I will say that the track options are great.  And the proxy sensor is a cool feature added to the alarm.  However, the absolute coolest feature is the gauge display options.  Its basically a Torque display right on the dash.  It starts off as a listing of all the available gauges, showing a digital number.  You can then pick a specific gauge and get a larger view in a varying gauge format (for example, the boost display shows as an analog half circle meter).  It would be awesome if we could get these pulled into our dash!
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

QuickSilver

Is one of the gauge options a  boost gauge, if so how much PSI is factory baseline?
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

J-Will

Vacuum/ boost is a gauge, but I was 'testing the vehicles performance capabilities' prior to finding the dash options. I'll try again before I return it.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

J-Will

I saw 15 PSI this morning.  Without greater context, I dont know if this is a spike or threshold. 

Again, the car is not 'quick' or snappy. Even the steering is not as tight as you would expect.  All this under the guise of knowing that American Muscle is not high strung, and are more loose.  Brakes are good... I havent really tested them, but they are what you would expect.
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap