• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Billet compressor wheels for transverse ecoboost 3.5L

Started by EcoPowerParts, October 19, 2015, 12:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66 Galaxie

Assuming original shaft assembly is balanced without the stock impeller than adding a new balanced unit should be as simple as you expect. You'll want to try to track down torque spec for the nut and probably need high temp loctite or other thread locker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

Sabtaj1

That's what I was thinking as well.  I don't see why they would be any different than the f150 but a little smaller.  I plan to bite the bullet as soon as my 22's are gone.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Scott4957

In for updates on this. I had assumed there was much more too this. So you don't need a bunch of downtime, shipping, a shop etc to swap out the wheels? I like the idea of this and downpipes with a pinch of E85 over meth.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

66 Galaxie

The R&R seems pretty simple. The hardest part will probably be setting the waste gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

AJP turbo

If the sho wasnt my daily id love to get wheels or turbos...if mine ever blow i may grab some...there should be good gains without e85...if the wheels are that much different then they will be moving more air at the same psi ...so 15 psi would be even better than stock turbo 15 psi and there is plenty of fuel in the stock sytem above 3k
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

EcoPowerParts

I talked to my supplier, best case is of course to get the turbos balanced which occurs with the $1600 setup along with new WGA and turbos being rebuilt with better seals.

Whatever you guys want to do, just let me know.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts