• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Billet compressor wheels for transverse ecoboost 3.5L

Started by EcoPowerParts, October 19, 2015, 12:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 20, 2015, 10:24:36 PM
Will this upgrade need to be balanced with the turbine wheel?
No as I'm just shipping you a compressor wheel - if you want it balanced it will be $1600 installed, send your turbos in and they will be installed, balanced and all seals upgraded, turbos rebuilt.
Quote from: Gray Brick on October 20, 2015, 10:26:12 PM
Can you supply compressor maps for the stock vs. new impeller?
Unfortunately no, but I can tell you that I picked up a TON of power from this upgrade.

I'll make it easier, first person that purchases them, does a before and after dyno on the same dyno and submits the results online (good or bad) I will refund $250.00 to them.
It's a chance you'll take but I know that these work as witnessed by the results I saw on my car, I picked up well over .7 from these on my car with E85 as compared to stock turbos with 100 octane tune. I picked up .1 over nitrous and 100 octane on my car with stock turbos. I know they work.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Sabtaj1

Probably stupid questions but....  Will they even need to be balanced once installed?  And they would be fine on the stock wastegate?  Also, you said it made a lot more power. How much boost did you add once you switched to the upgraded turbos vs the stock turbos to make your power?  I'm just curious cause I am on the fence about doing this deal. And I haven't really researched how hard it is to pull the turbos. I imagine not to bad.  Thanks.  Jason
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

EcoPowerParts

From my understanding if the turbo is super old yes, but newer turbos you should be fine (key word should). I would think on stock wastegate you be just fine, waiting for pricing on the other ones.
I was seeing 21psi down low and 19psi up top vs 19 to 14 psi on stock turbos.
Front turbo is piece of cake, back one is a puzzle to rotate to get out.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

The amount of data on this forum is astounding now, even I can't keep up. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

Pretty cool how the membership gives back to the community :beer2:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SammyB

Mike I'm interested if that deal is still on the table but how are you guys over riding the computer. My car is tuned by Torrie and my mods are in my signature. I just installed down pipes we made at my shop and the car feels like it's shutting down when I get into it hard. It was doing this prior to the down pipes but now it's worse.  It wants to start spinning halfway through first and the pcm is shutting me down. I can only imagine more power will make it worse. I don't know if it's torque management or traction control? Since I don't have the PP, I can't turn advance trac off. I have a J2534 pass through device and a subscription to the Motorcraft site through work. I read on another forum about a guy who programmed his non PP with pp software and had full functionality but don't know exactly the recipe he used. I sent him a message but he hasn't been active since 2013. Forgive my wandering thoughts!
2011 SHO Non-PP. H&R Springs, Unleashed Tune, 3 Bar MAP, 170 deg thermostat. 3rd cat and resonator delete. Custom exhaust with X pipe. Snow Stage 2 Methanol Injection. Custom Cat-less down pipes.

EcoPowerParts

I would guess you're hitting torque limiters, work with Torrie on the tune and data logging to review. He definitely can accommodate this in a tune, he did it for my Flex when I installed these.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

nickstewartroc

If I remember correctly, they got the as-built data from a PP sho and used it to write the as-built on the non-pp, giving it the advanced trac off and tighter steering feel. I have been tempted to buy a ford ids knock off and try it, but I am not sure where to get the as-built data to try...

Quote from: SammyB on October 22, 2015, 11:56:18 AM
Mike I'm interested if that deal is still on the table but how are you guys over riding the computer. My car is tuned by Torrie and my mods are in my signature. I just installed down pipes we made at my shop and the car feels like it's shutting down when I get into it hard. It was doing this prior to the down pipes but now it's worse.  It wants to start spinning halfway through first and the pcm is shutting me down. I can only imagine more power will make it worse. I don't know if it's torque management or traction control? Since I don't have the PP, I can't turn advance trac off. I have a J2534 pass through device and a subscription to the Motorcraft site through work. I read on another forum about a guy who programmed his non PP with pp software and had full functionality but don't know exactly the recipe he used. I sent him a message but he hasn't been active since 2013. Forgive my wandering thoughts!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

shotime99

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on October 19, 2015, 12:07:26 PM
I've been able to secure some upgraded compressor wheels for the GT15 turbos used on 3.5L transverse (SHO/Flex/MKT/MKS/Explorer Sport).
These compressor wheels allow you to get an additional 2-3 psi down low and hold to 19 psi on the top end of the RPM range.
I tested these on my Flex and ran 12.3 at very high DA.
Usually I sell this as a mail your turbo in option but I can now source the wheels for you to do the upgrade yourself.

As an introductory special I will offer these at $100 off - $500 for the first 30 days.
http://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=142

These are in stock and ready to ship!

is this the same performance upgrade as the $1600.00 turbo upgrade when sending them in? or is that still a better way to go? or better off spending the 2200.00 on the bigger turbo upgrade?
2014 Taurus SHO w/PP and H & R spring kit

EcoPowerParts

Same wheels as the $1600 setup but no WGA. It really depends on your budget and mechanical abilities.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -

68_GT

I never realized how small those impellers were lol My Novi 2000 impeller on my 2000 Mustang was much larger :)

Impeller installation looks pretty easy but how do you get them balanced ? What is needed to "rebuild" the turbo while you're at it ? My SHO has 78K but still runs very strong on my LMS V8 tune.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 68_GT on October 27, 2015, 08:18:55 AM
Impeller installation looks pretty easy but how do you get them balanced ? What is needed to "rebuild" the turbo while you're at it ? My SHO has 78K but still runs very strong on my LMS V8 tune.
Do you have a local turbo shop? If not you can send your turbos in for the complete package of rebuild, compressor wheel, turbo balanace and WGA install for the $1600.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Sabtaj1

Did anyone ever end up doing the impellers themselves?  I have come to the conclusion that you do not need to rebalance them as the new impellers would be perfectly balanced already.  Just have to re tighten the nut to the point where it was when stock impellers were on.  Should be a mark, if not mark it yourself.  I wanna do this upgrade soon.  At least I am planning to and could possibly make a trip to Wisconsin to dyno before the upgrade and then travel back after the upgrade and re tune.  sorry to open this thread back up...  But I was curious if anyone had done this.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/