• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Billet compressor wheels for transverse ecoboost 3.5L

Started by EcoPowerParts, October 19, 2015, 12:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I've been able to secure some upgraded compressor wheels for the GT15 turbos used on 3.5L transverse (SHO/Flex/MKT/MKS/Explorer Sport).
These compressor wheels allow you to get an additional 2-3 psi down low and hold to 19 psi on the top end of the RPM range.
I tested these on my Flex and ran 12.3 at very high DA.
Usually I sell this as a mail your turbo in option but I can now source the wheels for you to do the upgrade yourself.

As an introductory special I will offer these at $100 off - $500 for the first 30 days.
http://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=142

I also have Turbosmart 7PSI Wastegates to allow for better boost control with the larger compressor wheels available here:
http://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=143

These are in stock and ready to ship!

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

Nice!  Is this a DIY task or best left to a pro?  This would make a nice addition to the HOW TO section ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

If someone were to feel comfortable pulling the turbos then changing the compressor wheel is easy.

This video will be really close to the same thing:
! No longer available
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

FoMoCoSHO

It looks like the stocker has a slot cut into it at the top that I don't see on the billet unit.

Does that affect anything?

FoMoCoSHO

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 19, 2015, 12:51:35 PM
It looks like the stocker has a slot cut into it at the top that I don't see on the billet unit.

Does that affect anything?
Nope, they bolt right on :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

Just FYI here's my Flex using these compressor wheels, huge boost improvement over stock:
! No longer available

! No longer available
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Sabtaj1

Ok...  You have peaked my interest on the impeller.  But I'm curious about the wastegate. Since the stock is only 4psi.  Will this need to be changed as well??  Cause if I remember right they were upgraded to 7psi ones on your upgraded turbo option....  And at 19psi are the turbos maxed out with the new blades or are they running at a safe psi where they will last?  Thanks
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

hawkeye93

2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

EcoPowerParts

I'm checking into supplying the wastegate as an option.
I would suggest a tune update as with the additional boost you will probably hit torque limiters.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Quinid

Awww man..... I want so bad, but I need to drop  $1K on tires this week.....
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

FoMoCoSHO

So 2-3 more down low, does response time change, will there be any more lag?

With this change will the turbos be inside of their efficiency range at 19PSI?

OT question....how in the hell was the refresh rate so fast on that Torque setup?

I'm on an OBDMX with a powerful quad core tab and I can't get it to refresh that fast.

SHOdded

I have seen ForScan pull 27 ms refreshes with the Bluetooth MX.  Can't go below 100 ms with Torque Pro, so no comment on that.  Using the original Nexus 7.  And yes, I am polling 25-30 parameters at any given time.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Will this upgrade need to be balanced with the turbine wheel?

Gray Brick

Can you supply compressor maps for the stock vs. new impeller?
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---