• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Taurus SHO Transmission Cooler with ACC

Started by polskifacet, October 15, 2015, 03:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Try making the switch to Amsoil sooner than later.  I have *heard* that it can keep transmissions running up to 20F cooler.  I say make the switch, knowing that bpd has the same mods on his SHO basically, but uses the Motorcraft fluid on an annual swapout regimen with no issues.  I am sure he can offer more insight.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ta2dResqr

Any chance these pictures could be refreshed? I have seen the post by @bpd1151 and @SHOdded / @SkookumFord. I was hoping to see where @polskifacet placed the stainless T. Also curious as to if it would be beneficial to run the Transmission fluid cooler outlet tube - Auxiliary transmission fluid cooler OTA - Transmission fluid cooler - Transmission fluid cooler inlet tube. This would keep the hottest fluid away from the condensor allowing it to work better.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

Admin

@Ta2dResqr if you want, you can tag other users to get their attention  :)  just use the @ symbol. IE.. @polskifacet

polskifacet

AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

Ecoboost1997

Quote from: Ta2dResqr on January 13, 2021, 07:27:30 AM
Any chance these pictures could be refreshed? I have seen the post by @bpd1151 and @SHOdded / @SkookumFord. I was hoping to see where @polskifacet placed the stainless T. Also curious as to if it would be beneficial to run the Transmission fluid cooler outlet tube - Auxiliary transmission fluid cooler OTA - Transmission fluid cooler - Transmission fluid cooler inlet tube. This would keep the hottest fluid away from the condensor allowing it to work better.
Does anyone have links to these members posts of transmission cooler setups? I can't seem to find them maybe I just don't know how thanks.

bpd1151

My SHO never had ACC.....

But here is my "How-To" on my install itself.

FWIW.....

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eecoboostperformanceforum%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D522%2E0&share_tid=522&share_fid=56487&share_type=t&link_source=app

"How-To" Retro-Fit 2013 Auxiliary Trans Cooler Onto '10-'12 SHO / EB Engines

I believe there was one write up at least from a member who had ACC, and I believe they essentially just moved the radar for the ACC itself.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!