• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 Focus RS numbers - 350HP/350TQ

Started by dmharvey79, October 12, 2015, 06:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmharvey79

PokerMunkee

I'd be all over a Fusion with those numbers and AWD system!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

FoMoCoSHO

We've waited 6 years for a power bump and the RS gets one before its even been released.

Thanks Ford!

dmharvey79

The Global Performance team has 12 vehicles to release by 2020... (-:

dmharvey79

FoMoCoSHO

Well, this is a bit disappointing...

"Our second cars worked perfectly fine, but Ford admits that the RS's Twinster system is pretty close to its limits handling 350 horses and 350 foot pounds already, so in case you're planning to go aftermarket and increase the power further without beefing up the drivetrain, expect to get some shredded metal with your voided warranty."

Consider that since this system exists on a whole 2 cars, it probably won't be cheap to fix.

I wonder why they didn't go with JTEKT?

dmharvey79

At 350/350 I'm alright with keeping it at stock numbers, and under warranty, for a while. Still planning to see how things go for a while and hope to find one used in a year or so.

AJP turbo

I think someone got bad info along the line because I've read before about an overboost feature where the Focus RS will run like 23 psi of boost. But yet the boost gauge in the car only goes to 2 bar...I hope that is not a U.S. bound car because everyone will think that's stupid....People want to see PSI.

2 bar is 14.31 psi . And I don't see why a 2.3 liter 4 banger needs anywhere near 20 psi to make 350HP at the crank unless the turbo is smaller than our SHO's. And I doubt that it is because there is 2.3 liters of displacement in one bank since it's a 4 banger. The SHO is 1.75 liters feeding a turbo so you need a small turbo. 12-14 psi should be plenty to put down 350 at the crank so something seems fishy. That being said I love this focus

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

J-Will

the starting price of ~$35k is not far from what I paid for the SHO after TTL.  Value-wise, the SHO is a better deal. If the Focus really is close to its limits mechanically, then aftermarket is going to be expensive so compensate... then what are we even talking about?  I'm not paying Corvette prices for a Focus
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

r1crusher

I talked to my sales guy at Ford just a month ago (we're pretty blunt about s***, he gives me inside info if he has any) and he said they're selling them for "well over MSRP".  To tune of $42-45k and people are just handing over the money.

I honestly have no reason not to believe him as he's probably their top 3 salesmen at one of the largest dealerships in this area.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

Blackhawk

Way different target demographics for the most part.   5 years ago I probably would have went for the sporty little focus because I didn't want to have a big family sedan. I felt a little out of place in my 2011 WRX 4 years ago as mostly younger people had them.

Quote from: J-Will on April 25, 2016, 02:42:51 PM
the starting price of ~$35k is not far from what I paid for the SHO after TTL.  Value-wise, the SHO is a better deal. If the Focus really is close to its limits mechanically, then aftermarket is going to be expensive so compensate... then what are we even talking about?  I'm not paying Corvette prices for a Focus

J-Will

Quote from: Blackhawk on April 25, 2016, 03:39:43 PM
Way different target demographics for the most part.   5 years ago I probably would have went for the sporty little focus because I didn't want to have a big family sedan. I felt a little out of place in my 2011 WRX 4 years ago as mostly younger people had them.

Quote from: J-Will on April 25, 2016, 02:42:51 PM

probably.  But if what r1crusher says is correct (even for the first couple of months) my mind simply cannot justify a very similar price tag... or even more when compared to the SHO.  And that is even knowing that the aftermarket support for the SHO pales in comparison to the Focus. 
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

AJP turbo

I think the focus is great value at 45k...with a tune it will destroy the sho in every performance category...maybe even without a tune
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

r1crusher

IMO....and it's just that, MO....the RS just isn't quite worth the sticker price.  Now...I am an A/Z plan Ford guy so maybe with that it would be worth it.

I don't think I could completely disagree twith AJP that it's a great value, but it is all subjective to the market you'r targeting.  If you're looking for a small, very well powered, light, silly fun car that will def. hand ass whoppin's to a lot of V8 powered cars it's probably a good deal.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

dmharvey79

Not too bad...

Dyno from initial LMS tuning of Focus RS:

Video:
https://youtu.be/SpEbHq2U800