• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Sync Update

Started by CroR1, October 10, 2015, 08:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

The backup camera has always been pretty bad.  My wife's '15 Armada's camera is 10x better, even at night it's great.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

ZSHO

I had a 14 taurus loaner for a couple of days in the summer,the back up camera seemed like having a 1080p quality compared to mine,but knowing the the screen is dis-continued really makes me wonder whats in store!!!!.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

slurppie

For you guys with the update and reporting bad camera resolution, have you rebooted the system to see if that fixes things? I've  noticed that mine would become pixilated/granular looking while at night which would coincide with the system becoming "lethargic". Using the USB reboot software would fix both issues.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

BiGMaC

Quote from: slurppie on October 12, 2015, 01:12:33 PM
For you guys with the update and reporting bad camera resolution, have you rebooted the system to see if that fixes things? I've  noticed that mine would become pixilated/granular looking while at night which would coincide with the system becoming "lethargic". Using the USB reboot software would fix both issues.
Details on the reboot? Is it on the manual?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

slurppie

Quote from: BiGMaC on October 12, 2015, 02:28:29 PM

Negative sir. It's software that you run via a USB drive that causes the MFT/Sync system to perform a reboot the next time you start the car. I believe Ford support originally put it out a few years ago. I use it occasionally when I notice things are starting to act up. Not sure if I can post the file here but will be happy to email it tonight if you or anyone wants it.

Edit: found the file and zipped it up
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

r1crusher

I will have to try this reboot thing as my backup camera looks like ass compared to the wife's F150 tiny mirror backup camera.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

ZSHO

I usually try to do a master reset of the APIM via the MFT screen or shut the vehicle off and disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for about ac minute,either of the two mentioned will cause the the APIM to reboot,bring up the (SYNC)maintenance screen.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Boggus

Do I need to unzip it or will SYNC use the zip file?  Will it erase all my settings/screen savers, etc?  Night time is pixelated and it's never been that bad.  Makes it hard to judge things going backwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 unleashed SHO PP

slurppie

Unzip the files to a blank USB drive - there should be 3 files if i recall. One of the files is a readme.txt file which provides additional info on what to do/expect.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

BiGMaC

Quote from: slurppie on October 12, 2015, 02:34:49 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on October 12, 2015, 02:28:29 PM

Negative sir. It's software that you run via a USB drive that causes the MFT/Sync system to perform a reboot the next time you start the car. I believe Ford support originally put it out a few years ago. I use it occasionally when I notice things are starting to act up. Not sure if I can post the file here but will be happy to email it tonight if you or anyone wants it.

Edit: found the file and zipped it up
If it's for the '13 SHO and up please email it. Email is in the member area. TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

I just logged into my Ford account which i do pretty often and under recalls found the following.     FSA Title: SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)
Field Service Action Number: 12M02
Be advised that this system tracks Recalls and Customer Satisfaction Programs for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States. The information provided is subject to change and update. There may be temporary delays in update of information on this site due to a number of factors. For the latest information regarding the status of your vehicle or any recall program of Ford Motor Company, please contact your local dealership directly or the Customer Relationship Center.

A recall is an action by the Company to remedy a safety concern related to a vehicle defect or regulatory requirement. It may require that you return your vehicle to the dealer for service. If your vehicle is not affected, it may be because it was built at a different time or using a different part than the affected vehicles.   Z

ZSHO

USMCSHO341

Logged in to myford and there was an update for my 2010 SHO. Once I get her back I'll be doing the install. Thanks to the OP for bringing this up.

Boggus

Ever since I got an IPhone 6, my text messages never get acknowledged on Sync and no longer read out to me.  Now about 2 weeks ago I had some issues and after several resets the radio began working again.  When it all started acting right again, it began reading text messages again.

So, got a 6S and now I have nothing again....been thru resets, updates, reboots and voodoo magic.  Still no text acknowledged as of today.

Help

2013 unleashed SHO PP

navbtcret

Quote from: Boggus on October 13, 2015, 11:38:17 PM
Ever since I got an IPhone 6, my text messages never get acknowledged on Sync and no longer read out to me.  Now about 2 weeks ago I had some issues and after several resets the radio began working again.  When it all started acting right again, it began reading text messages again.

So, got a 6S and now I have nothing again....been thru resets, updates, reboots and voodoo magic.  Still no text acknowledged as of today.

Help

Sync will not show or speak your text with Apple products.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes