• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Body kit/Chin Spoiler options for the 2013 and up models?

Started by miller007, October 09, 2015, 07:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller007

Hi all.  I'm in a bit of a pickle, and wanted to reach out to the forums for some help and advice...

I recently purchased the Duraflex chin spoiler for the 2010 - 2012 models in hopes that it could be retrofitted to my 2013.  I did this with some outside input beforehand that it could be done.  I'm several steps into some exterior modifications, but the chin spoiler is at a standstill at this time.  I have a painted 2010 - 2012 spoiler that doesn't fit my car. 

Firstly, is there anyone out there that has heard of or knows of any new body kits or just a front chin spoiler that are out for the newer body style, 2013's and up?

or,

Is there anyone on the forums that can custom fabricate something like the one on the Duraflex kit - but modified to fit the newer body, etc.?

or,

Is there anyone out there that has the ability or knows someone who can possibly retrofit the one I already have - basically, that can do what this body shop I'm involved with cannot? 

I'm at a loss right now for where to go or turn, and wanted to shout out to the community for some advice and possibly a savior!?!?!

Thanks all
2013 PP SHO Platinum White - Megan Coilovers, Airaid Hot AI, Corsa cat-back, LMS catted DP's, Alky Controls 100% Meth kit, 170° stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS 91-93 Methanol tune, white LED's, tinted heads and tails, and lots o' custom exterior mods...

Sabtaj1

I know exactly what you mean by needing a chin spoiler.  Only thing I can say is to compare the front bumper of yours with others that have chin spoilers.  I actually used a chin spoiler on my flex that originally was on all the 03-04 mach 1 mustangs.  That was all it needed to complete the front of the flex.  As for the show, I haven't really looked at the curvature of the front bumper
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

SHOnUup

All Fit chin spoiler.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

SHOnUup

Here's a few he sent me

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

miller007

Very cool, thx all. So is the all-fit paintable as well? Did u self-install yours?
2013 PP SHO Platinum White - Megan Coilovers, Airaid Hot AI, Corsa cat-back, LMS catted DP's, Alky Controls 100% Meth kit, 170° stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS 91-93 Methanol tune, white LED's, tinted heads and tails, and lots o' custom exterior mods...

FoMoCoSHO

Its paintable and it looks like they have some basic colors as well.

SHOnUup

Quote from: miller007 on October 10, 2015, 03:41:21 PM
Very cool, thx all. So is the all-fit paintable as well? Did u self-install yours?
Not mine...Guy did install it himself

miller007

2 more questions.

1) do u know if u have to/should remove the lower valance on the front for this?

2) do u know I'd that's the 1.5 in, 2.5 in, or the 3.5 in (fat lip) on the car in the pics?

Ty again!

miller007

Think I answered question #1 just from looking a little closer at the pictures.  He left the valance on, and just used the curvature downward along the sides. 

I still would love to know which size he got.  I wouldn't want to go any bigger since it's extending off the valance - it looks larger that it really is.  Thinking is the 1.5 or 2.5 in. 

Your thoughts, or if you know for sure?!  = )

SHOnUup

He called it the mid lip

miller007

Perfect - that's the 2.5 in.  Exactly what I needed, guys.  Thanks again to you all.

irondoor19

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 10, 2015, 02:02:56 PM

Here's a few he sent me

Forget all that: DO I spy a Removable Front Clip,
And I really want to talk to this Gentleman.....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,