• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OEM GLASS UPDATE & FINDINGS

Started by zamirlihari, October 09, 2015, 02:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSS

Just another confirmation that if you tell Safelite or any other glass company that you want the original glass, you'll get it. You may need to help them with the actual part number.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

donky4444

I've had safelite replace the windshield in both my SHO's and X Sport and every time asked for OEM and that's what I got.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

Simonsays

Well hello! Walked out to drive my fresh waxed mks and looked up and noticed a huge crack starting from very tip top part of driver side windsheild. No idea how it happened, literally waxed it the day before, even cleaned windshield with glass cleaner so know it wasnt there...

Anyway, found this topic and PRAYED i would not be a part of the replacement club, but here i am...

How much if anyone can tell me you paid to have the oem carlex carlite acoustic rain sensing option installed on their car. I have a $500 deductible but might just be better off out of pocket. Please dont post your cost publicly as I know that kind of war an escalade quickly...

Looking at actual part is around 310$...

FoMoCoSHO

Soundscreen Quote from a reputable vendor in our area was just under $400.

Simonsays

limited02

I too walked out to mine once and there was a large crack in the bottom center.  Had Safelite replace it and was given the option between OE and aftermarket.  I went aftermarket because I personally had good luck on my last vehicle that way.  I have State Farm as my insurance and simply mentioning that to Safelite, I got 10% or something off the price.  I want to say all said and done was around $250.