• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque questions

Started by Larrylu, September 11, 2013, 06:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

I've been running torque for a while now and most little mysteries have cleared themselves up over time....but a few remain. One concerns my boost gauge. When I shut off the car, torque and tablet go to sleep, and torque will  usually retain a boost highpoint marker achieved during some past run. Less often I will start up to find past boost high point markers wiped and I'm starting from scratch. No big deal but I haven't been ale to explain/predict what the difference is and I really like to think I have a handle on what's going on. Any other torque users out there care to offer a suggestion as to what might cause the two different behaviors.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Larrylu

Old thread with a new question. Has anyone come up with a good way to back up Torque set ups?  I've cooked one device and I did not have anything backed up. I just spent a lot of time recreating my setup and I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I'm now using a Galaxy Tab and I inserted a 32 gig card in the slot. I don't care if I back up to that or if I plug it in to my desktop. Just haven't figured out how to back up that particular data yet. Looks like I can back up the Torque logs easy but that's not the data I'm worried about.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FoMoCoSHO

On your data screen, hit the settings button in the right hand corner then layout settings/export settings.

I also noticed there is "layout mode" in those options so you can do a bulk move/edit without having to tap and hold every gauge. I don't know how much time I have wasted because I didn't notice that.... :shortbus:

You might want to get a file browser for your tab as well, makes some of these file operations much simpler.

I'm currently using File X-plore.

Larrylu

Thanks for the tips. I'll check them out ASAP

Larrylu

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 19, 2015, 11:39:38 AM
On your data screen, hit the settings button in the right hand corner then layout settings/export settings.

I also noticed there is "layout mode" in those options so you can do a bulk move/edit without having to tap and hold every gauge. I don't know how much time I have wasted because I didn't notice that.... :shortbus:

You might want to get a file browser for your tab as well, makes some of these file operations much simpler.

Speaking of short bus....
I used the layout export mode, gave it a name, but could not specify where it was exporting to. Then I tried to find the new layout file and could not. Would a file browser app make this easier?

ecoboostsho

Yes it would Larry! I use FileManager but there are several good ones.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Larrylu on August 19, 2015, 12:02:14 PM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 19, 2015, 11:39:38 AM

Speaking of short bus....
I used the layout export mode, gave it a name, but could not specify where it was exporting to. Then I tried to find the new layout file and could not. Would a file browser app make this easier?
I think the folder you are looking for is named dashboard

SHOnUup

Quote from: Larrylu on September 11, 2013, 06:12:55 PM
I've been running torque for a while now and most little mysteries have cleared themselves up over time....but a few remain. One concerns my boost gauge. When I shut off the car, torque and tablet go to sleep, and torque will  usually retain a boost highpoint marker achieved during some past run. Less often I will start up to find past boost high point markers wiped and I'm starting from scratch. No big deal but I haven't been ale to explain/predict what the difference is and I really like to think I have a handle on what's going on. Any other torque users out there care to offer a suggestion as to what might cause the two different behaviors.
When you back out of the gauge screen it will reset all past highs and lows...to keep them just turn off screen of tablet instead of backing out.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Maybe Sunwolf can chime in on the laptop usage...he was running Torque on his

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Larrylu

Good tip on the highs and lows. I've hated loosing some of those. Just recorded an all time high boost this afternoon.  Normal high for me is mid to high 13. Today for no obvious reason I looked over to see a 16. Wonder if the heat today caused a compensating higher boost to fill the demanded power request? 

SHOnUup

Quote from: Larrylu on August 19, 2015, 04:02:34 PM
Good tip on the highs and lows. I've hated loosing some of those. Just recorded an all time high boost this afternoon.  Normal high for me is mid to high 13. Today for no obvious reason I looked over to see a 16. Wonder if the heat today caused a compensating higher boost to fill the demanded power request?
Only time I've ever seen 16+...had a tear in my intake piping.

Rich

ecoboostsho

I see 16 occasionally on lift...almost like the BOV takes some time to catch up. I double checked all the piping and it looks good. That said my 2011 did have the ripped piping right by the turbo and I saw spikes as well -which seems counterintuitive to me but so be it.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Larrylu

Noted!  Next thing to check on. 

SHOdded

Probably the PCM trying to compensate for the loss in boost by spiking boost levels.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!