• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How To: G2 USA Brake Caliper Paint Upgrade

Started by Adam, October 30, 2015, 06:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

https://www.g2usa.com/ is the site.  check them out.  Good group with a great product.  Just like the title says it is a kit that allows you to transform your dull, rusty, plain... calipers to make them stand out, blend in, or just be unique.  I decided to go color match to go with the cop cruiser style theme I ant for car shows and all.  Tell me that they would not have just popped in bright red, yellow, Hell lime green even.  The color match really makes the wheels stand out even more and the brakes blend in. 

I had an issue.  Not sure if it was a batch thing or what, but my calipers were surface rusting on my new Taurus SHO.  I wanted something stylish that would also protect thee calipers from the elements that were already in under 1500 miles taking a toll on my car.  I have used this brand on 5 previous vehicles and so it was a no brainer to get them on the line to get another kit made and then sent out to me.

Anyway, on with the SHOw.  The kit comes with brake cleaner, stir stick, paint brush, paint, and activator chemical

Tools Needed:
Jack
Jack Stands
Lug nut wrench

*Optional*
blue painters tape
High heat rust-oleum flat grille paint
Soap/water/sponge/bucket

-First mix the activator in with the paint  Takes 5 minutes once mixed to set up
-loosen the bolts on one side a little
-jack up and use stands.  Hate to see your hydraulic jack give out with the wheels off your car
-Finish taking off the lugs and remove one sides wheels
-Once off, you can blue tape off rubber items or things you don't want to get paint on
-Spray the brake cleaner all over it will dry in under 30 seconds on its own.  Make sure they are fairly clean from brake dust
-Mix paint again, and go to town on it with a brush.
(look at many different angles to make sure you do not leave anything out.  There is enough paint to do them twice over and still have material left)
*Go wash your wheel inside and out while you wait on the paint to cure some.  You will have some small bubbles on what you just painted.  They will go away, but may require additional touch up. Dry wheel and check on your progress.
-Put the wheels back on, tighten back down the lugs.  Lower car, and finish putting the lugs back on tight.
-Move to the other side and repeat
-Wait a few hours for it to cure before really driving the car.

*I used the grille paint to hit parts of the rotors and all where you could see with the wheel back on.  (Big difference on the back rotors)

Now you have so fresh so clean rims, and painted calipers.  They suggest that you wait when putting the wheels back on the car.  I like to only jack one side of the car up at a time. After you paint, wash the wheels, then go take a look to see if anything is needs touched up before bringing the wheels back over to put back on the ride.

Below is some before and after shots.  Check out the surface rust.  I also had to order one for my wifes built Chevy Equinox LTZ (Fun SUV 2.4L (175HP) removed for 2.0L (340HP) LNF turbo engine).

Check out the rust.  Not cool on a new car.  Not cool on any car.  Made the car look cheaper

Even the rears

Adam

Stir and stir often to make sure everything stays mixed.

Wheel back on!

Adam

More of that not cool rust.

Equinox

66 Galaxie

Looks great! I used the same kit on my Flex Ecoboost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

Adam

Quote from: 66 Galaxie on October 30, 2015, 06:17:29 PM
Looks great! I used the same kit on my Flex Ecoboost

Good looking picture.  Great kit!  Holds up well for years to come

ZSHO

FYI-UPDATE!  It looks like were @ the finishing touches of restoring close to 500 PICS!!  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!