• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" Replace Brake Light Bulb(s) on 2010-2012 SHO's.....

Started by bpd1151, July 05, 2013, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

****The below posted "How-To" Tutorial was originally written by a member of another community, of which I am also a staff member.

The creator, and all proper thanks and kudos goes out to the user name (at this other community) known as: "Unknown_Driver".****

Moving along...... here it is, as appeared elsewhere:

Things you will need:

One 7/16 wrench
3057 replacement bulb

So step one, go to your nearest auto parts place and select your appropriate model year:

Locate the part in the billions upon billions of other replacement bulbs:

Head home or somewhere well lit i chose my driveway, now walk to the trunk and press the trunk release button on the remote (you could also get your fingers dirty by touching the button above the license plate):

On the side where the burnt bulb is you will find 2 plastic screws in the trunk, unscrew these:

Now gently pull on the carpeted trunk liner and fold it over to reveal the back of the tail light trunk area.

There are 4 x 7/16 bolts you will need to remove (you can just losen them with the wrench and spin them off with your fingers:

After all 4 bolts are removed you will need to pull off a bit of the rubber trunk weather stripping gasket (just a little to help take out the tail light):

Now attempt to pull out the tail light partly, you can push on the bolts form the rear while holding the light:

Now that you have the light out you can now twist out the socket from the tail light housing, and unplug the or pull out the bulb from its connector (just replace the bulb):

Now put everything back and in the reverse order and it should be good to go, you can also have someone push on the brake pedal or put an object on the brake pedal to illuminate the light to confirm it is working properly:

EcoBrick Bob

I tried this on my Flex... and now I have 2  broken taillights... Funny thing.. there was nothing wrong... The bulbs still work, but now I had to paint them red!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

ZSHO

:sun: Let the PIC Restoration keep on shining.  Z  :sun:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|