• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

will this work?

Started by cseverens, August 03, 2015, 02:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cseverens

says mustang, but I believe we have same bolt pattern. I have pp, and the previous owner was kind enough to leave me a piece of styrofoam.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2015-MUSTANG-GT-SPARE-WHEEL-TIRE-DONUT-155-60-18-18-ALLOY-/252028515952?hash=item3aae11f670&vxp=mtr
2013 Ford Flex Limited E/B

cseverens

I guess i'll be the guinea pig!

SRT 2 SHO

Interesting...let us know how it works out
2013 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP 3 bar plugs tstat LMS 93 octane tune

cseverens

the 18" spare wheel kit showed up today. will check it out this weekend. I assume the jack is universal and irrelevant that it's a mustang kit.

SHOdded

Good luck, hope to hear good news :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

cseverens

here you go. I ordered the 2015 mustang 1k007 spare tire kit. I installed today. the wheel clears the calipers IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CALIPER COVERS. I do. I removed the caliper cover on the rear wheel location I was test fitting, and the 18" mustang spare fits fine. if you have caliper covers, you keep a 10mm socket and ratchet in the trunk. also, the wheel fits fine in the spare wheel well. notes...the jack is ok. I ended up using my floor jack to speed things along. the lug wrench that comes with the kit is no good for these lug nuts. it's too big. I kept having to hammer the nuts out of the wrench. in my opinion, look for an mustang 18" spare wheel used, and buy the actual Taurus jack and lug wrench.

A 01 Badger

I don't have the link, but I saw a steely set with winter tires on Craigslist.  The guy was in Rockford, IL.  He also has a newer set of OEM 20's with Eagle F1's that he is trying to sell.  Should be easy enough to find him.  No idea on freight costs to Michigan.
Sold - 2013 SHO w/ PP LMS 93 Tune, 3 Bar, NGK Iridium Plugs, MDesign CAI,  30% tint

2018 XSport - AJP Turbo tune, Steeda Rear Sway Bar and Rear Trailing Arms

2011 Audi S4 mt6 - EPL Stage 2 tune, Injen intake, EPL supercharger pulley, RDX Billet trans mount, ECS sub frame inserts, JXB Performance Short Throw shift kit.