• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How to buy AMSOIL?

Started by nickstewartroc, September 16, 2015, 09:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstewartroc

I'm about due to change my oil and want to make the switch, just not sure where/what I need to do to order it...
Thanks,
Nick
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

ZSHO

Quote from: nickstewartroc on September 16, 2015, 09:56:33 PM
I'm about due to change my oil and want to make the switch, just not sure where/what I need to do to order it...
Thanks,
Nick
Rich is da man. SHOnUuP.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

I'll describe the process I went through, I am sure Rich can add more info :)

Start here:
http://motorcitysynthetics.myamsoil.com/

Click on SHOP ONLINE.  That takes you to the AMSOIL site, with MotorCity's referral code in the URL.

If you want discounted pricing, buy the 6 month or 1 year membership (that's the only thing you buy the first time).  You will set up your account (ID/Password) during this process.

Wait a few days to get the membership packet in the mail (< 1 week usually).  Once the membership is active, your discount should show automatically when you log in and place items in the cart.  I would check daily to see if this active, in advance of receiving the paper materials.

Check to see if you are near a distribution center if you want to save on shipping costs.  I am a bit far from the 2 centers closest to me, and am better off having the items shipped to my home directly.

Select the items you wish to buy and add to cart.

Place your order.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Shodded was spot on in his directions, thx Manu.

Here is a direct link to the preferred customer sign up.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/buy-wholesale/preferred-customer-registration/?code=PREG6M-EA&zo=5401637

I highly recommend this, as it will save you around  $4/quart.

Once you've received your account # and member packet in the mail you'll be able to order via the Amsoil page or
http://motorcitysynthetics.myamsoil.com/

To make sure you are getting the right product...

1...click on shop online/shop by product

2...product guides

3...choose vehicle type

4...add specifics of vehicle

If you have any further questions or would like me to do the researching of products requested, feel free to send me a message.

Thx

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

dfwSHO

If I could ask a favor. 

I'm about to go through this process in the next few weeks and overtime I goto Amsoil's webpage and start looking at what they recommend for a 2014 SHO I get bogged down in research.  I tend to always want the best but when it comes to some of the options going nuts doesn't give me any benefit.

Can somebody post exactly which product they would recommend for a DD SHO that gets high mileage (about 5k/month.)  Quantities is easy making up my mind not so much.

Thanks for the help,
Francisco
--dfwSHO
2014 Tuxedo Black non-PP
MDesign Cold Air
More to Come...

BiGMaC

Signature synthetic is my choice.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOnUup

Signature Series 5w/30 would be your best bet.

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Hi Rich,

I always used 0-30 signature....

0-30 is going to flow faster at startup I'm wondering why you suggested the 5 over the zero?

I have always wondered if the 0 was too thin to do any good even though it flows faster, especially since Ford changed the warmed up viscosity from 20 to 30.

BiGMaC

As I remember, the manual on my '13 SHO says 5w30... Nut in a harse winter area there might be other recs to get better cold oil flow.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on September 17, 2015, 02:39:47 PM
As I remember, the manual on my '13 SHO says 5w30... Nut in a harse winter area there might be other recs to get better cold oil flow.
Which is the reason I used the 0-30, our winters can get very cold.

Regardless of climate 0 will always flow faster than 5 and we all know when the majority of wear happens so if it doesn't hurt anything I feel the 0 will always be better, at least in that regard.

That being said, especially considering oil dilution issues di engines can have I'm wondering if there may be a trade off.

Disclosure-My current oil is 7.5-35

nickstewartroc

Thanks everyone! Got signed up as the preferred customer, now the waiting game!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SHOdded

Like I said, check your account online everyday to see when they have issued your membership number, simply by logging in and adding a product to cart.  The price should auto reflect your membership.

Never hurts to have a headstart :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOw-Me State

FoMoCoSHO,

Seems like I remember something regarding the larger the difference between the two ratings, the more breakdown or less effective either viscosity is over time, or something like that (have to dig up my old motorcycle research stuff).

So, a straight 30w oil would act as a 30w longer than a 5-30w would, and the 5-30w would hold the properties of the 5w and 30w (each) longer than a 0-30w, or something like that.  0-40w would be a little worse yet.  I think it was something like the larger the gap, the more modifiers are needed to have the cake and eat it too for each side of the range.  When the modifiers break down, so does the performance.  Biggest problem with the bikes was the motor oil bath transmissions shearing the molecules, modifiers and oil.

Again, I could be totally recalling this all wrong!!   :unsure:

2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.

SHOnUup

If you plan on doing real long intervals...15k+ I'd say use the 0w/30, or in the dead of winter with consistent negative temps. Amsoil flows so well already at the 5w/30 level so it's not needed I think.

SHOnUup

Quote from: nickstewartroc on September 17, 2015, 05:24:06 PM
Thanks everyone! Got signed up as the preferred customer, now the waiting game!
Thx Nick, appreciate it.