• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Custom Exhaust Magnaflow (Hopefully not too loud)

Started by polskifacet, September 15, 2015, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Hey Guys,
Finally got my exhaust sounding like what I was expecting. A big part of the problem was the stock resonator, seems that it is basically a straight pipe, I don't see any perforation in the tube etc. that would allow the sound to go to the body or packing of that stock resonator. Also the two banks are not connected so in my case it was running like "true duals". Here are some pics of the third revision and how the innards of the stock pieces look. The drone is extremely tolerable now, the X inside the magnaflow muffler that I replaced the stock resonator with, it definitely makes the exhaust sound as one vs with the true duals you could kinda tell that the banks were separated, more of a lugging sound.

Magnaflow Resonated X welded in

Inside Magnaflow Muffler (Resonated X)

Awesome TIG welds

Stock CAT

Stock Res
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

ZSHO

Is this the same place you took it to originally??must admit those are some professional quality welds to say the least,enjoy.  Z    :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

Quote from: ZSHO on November 04, 2015, 11:09:31 AM
Is this the same place you took it to originally??must admit those are some professional quality welds to say the least,enjoy.  Z    :thumb: :thumb:
Yes sir http://www.corwellcustoms.com/
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on November 04, 2015, 11:09:31 AM
X2!  Looking forward to an updated sound clip, polski, you sure know how to build up the anticipation!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

That first sound clip was awesome! Exactly what I would be looking for.  I had Magnaflow's on my Marauder and I miss having a daily with an exhaust note.  Just a muffler change would probably get me what I'm looking for.  To bad these engines don't "sing" worth a damn.  6200rpm is pretty low.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

polskifacet

SHOdded

No question, the sound has changed with the 3rd revision, very uniform!

Quote from: Vortech347 on November 04, 2015, 04:27:18 PM
That first sound clip was awesome! Exactly what I would be looking for.  I had Magnaflow's on my Marauder and I miss having a daily with an exhaust note.  Just a muffler change would probably get me what I'm looking for.  To bad these engines don't "sing" worth a damn.  6200rpm is pretty low.
You mean like NASCAR or motorcycle engines?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

Quote from: SHOdded on November 05, 2015, 02:55:57 AM
No question, the sound has changed with the 3rd revision, very uniform!

Quote from: Vortech347 on November 04, 2015, 04:27:18 PM
You mean like NASCAR or motorcycle engines?

Not that dramatic but a unique and great sound.  Listen to a 350/370Z, their V6's sound amazing!  Or the older V6 SHO's. (Man those sung beautifully at 7500) Hell our 11' Escape V6 max HP is at 6550rpm.

I really like the setup on the OP's car.  Its deep with very little rasp.  If I end up swapping mufflers looks like I'll be using the Magnaflows. 
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

hghlndr85

I just added these mufflers and mine is extremely quiet :/

polskifacet

probably because you didn't remove the 3rd cat which would add 15% more sound and I hope you got the magnaflow performance muffler not the chambered one.

CroR1

polskifacet

Got the last piece of the exhaust redone to 2.5". Got a tad quieter and the sound is much more refined/smooth.

SHOdded

polskifacet

2013blksho

So did you build the magnaflow exhaust system that is offered by magnaflow or are the components different??