• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tail of the Dragon Trip

Started by SHO-TYM, July 23, 2014, 06:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHO-TYM on July 26, 2014, 08:55:44 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 26, 2014, 08:46:42 PM
Mrs FoMoCoSHO and I would like to make a little getaway vacation out of this, only 4 hours away. What else is there to do around there?
There is always Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge. Dollywood theme park. Cades cove is a beautiful drive where you have a real good chance of seeing bear, deer, and all kinds of animals.
Gatlinburg and cades cove are good options, the others not so much. How far away from the Tail?

SHOnUup

We have a new member to forum (as of last night) that lives near the "Dragon" and mentioned meeting up there in their post.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 01, 2014, 10:59:23 PM
This is in your neck of the woods I think

That is more of the Nashville area.  about 2 1/2 hours away.... but I did grow up in Nashville/Brentwood/Franklin area.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHO-TYM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 01, 2014, 11:36:14 PM
Quote from: SHO-TYM on July 26, 2014, 08:55:44 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 26, 2014, 08:46:42 PM
Mrs FoMoCoSHO and I would like to make a little getaway vacation out of this, only 4 hours away. What else is there to do around there?
There is always Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge. Dollywood theme park. Cades cove is a beautiful drive where you have a real good chance of seeing bear, deer, and all kinds of animals.
Gatlinburg and cades cove are good options, the others not so much. How far away from the Tail?

I'm not gonna lie.... I actually am a pretty big fan of Dollywood.... they have added some really nice roller coasters in the last couple of years.  Enough of an adrenaline rush for me.... and I am a junkie.  Worth going at least once..... my wife insists on getting season passes every year..... I guess I kinda got burnt out on it.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 05, 2014, 09:05:55 AM
We have a new member to forum (as of last night) that lives near the "Dragon" and mentioned meeting up there in their post.

I saw that. I hope to be able to really organize an event to where we can really get some people up there and have a good time.
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

In the process of clearing some time for late September here. My buddy with a charger srt8 is a maybe at this time. SHOwed him your bike video and he went into the why did I get rid of my bike last year fit...lol
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 05, 2014, 09:20:09 AM
In the process of clearing some time for late September here. My buddy with a charger srt8 is a maybe at this time. SHOwed him your bike video and he went into the why did I get rid of my bike last year fit...lol

HAHA! anytime I can't get out and ride, I pull that video up on my TV, and pull up my rolling office chair and throw on my racing suit, helmet, gloves, and boots, and sit so close to the TV that if feels like you actually are riding..... some people see it as crazy.... I see it as crazy not to.
Road & Track Article

SHO-TYM

****ATTENTION*****

Let's see how many people we have interested in have a SHOing at the Dragon.  I am thinking of shooting for the weekend of September 20th, or the 27th.  I need to kind of get an idea of how many people want to participate so I can let my buddy that runs www.killboy.com know the we are coming and to see if we can get a sweet photo shoot set up at the dam, or the waterfall.  I need to get a head count.
Road & Track Article

SHO-TYM

Here are a few more shots from last wednesday while on the bike up there.....
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 05, 2014, 09:22:40 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on August 05, 2014, 09:20:09 AM

HAHA! anytime I can't get out and ride, I pull that video up on my TV, and pull up my rolling office chair and throw on my racing suit, helmet, gloves, and boots, and sit so close to the TV that if feels like you actually are riding..... some people see it as crazy.... I see it as crazy not to.
Sounds like the kind of stuff that separates skill levels. At those speeds on that road any extra prep has to be monumental!!!

SHO-TYM

Road & Track Article

Darren M

Very jealous. Was there in a rental Taurus in the summer of 2011. Beautiful area and super fun road. The tree of pain was a bit of an eye opener.
Just a Taurus

Vortech347

Would love to take either of my stangs on that road.  We have fantastic roads here but that one has always sounded awesome.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

brian.t.flynn.9

Quote from: Vortech347 on October 13, 2015, 05:09:34 PM
Would love to take either of my stangs on that road.  We have fantastic roads here but that one has always sounded awesome.
There is supposed to be a MCA road event there in the 16 spring and talks of a Stang mag one as well. Planning on hitting it with one of the two (Stang preferrably because this guys rock) next year.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk