• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" Obtain An Official Build Certificate From Ford....

Started by bpd1151, July 05, 2013, 01:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bykr

Did they build EcoBoost Taurus SEL's ? I saw one today at work and I thought the EcoBoost was only in SHO's
2010 Taurus SHO
Steel Blue Metallic
LMS stage 4 tune

futat2

Quote from: bykr on January 28, 2014, 07:27:15 PM
Did they build EcoBoost Taurus SEL's ? I saw one today at work and I thought the EcoBoost was only in SHO's

Yes, they offer the 2.0 EcoBoost in the SEL.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

BiGMaC

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 27, 2014, 09:53:41 AM
OK.... SOOooo it's the end of January 2014...
I just sent the following email to Aaron Anderson at Ford Racing since the website still shows nothing for the 2013 SHO certificates yet, but does have other 2013 models...
Hopefully they will be available soon.

"Hi Aaron,

Any word on when the 2013 Taurus SHO certificates will be available.  There are a lot of folks on the forum who want them

Thanks,
Tom Bennett

TheOneAndOnly BiGMaC
knot2bfound@live.com

On Oct 30, 2013, at 2:09 PM, Anderson, Aaron (A.) wrote:

Good Afternoon Thomas,

Thank you for you Taurus Certificate order.  At the current moment we do not have all of the final production data for the 2013 Taurus SHO, so unfortunately we are not able to produce you a certificate at this time.  We anticipate certificates will become available sometime this winter so keep checking back with us and we will try to fulfill your request.  I will cancel your order and issue you a full refund.

Ford Racing
Aaron Anderson"

For those interested in a certificate of authenticity with production numbers for SHO in general and your ride, I got this reply from Aaron at Ford Racing.  Looks like the 2013 SHO and Raptor certificates will be available in Mar 2014.... Just a little longer! Here's his email:

Subject: RE: SHO Order
Date: January 30, 2014 6:47:49 AM MST
To: TheOneAndOnly BiGMaC <knot2bfound@live.com>

Good morning Tom,

Regarding the SHO certificates, I believe they will be available around the beginning of March.  I cannot be 100% on that, but that is when the '13 Raptor certificates will be released and the SHO will follow.  Hope this helps.

Ford Show Parts
Aaron Anderson

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IA 5HO

So I'm interested in one of these as well, but now it is now 2 months past the beginning of march and nothing for the 2013 Raptor or SHO is on the website still.  Anyone still wanting to check into it? :sad1:

2013 SHO, Deep Impact Blue, 402A, PP
LED Conversion All Around, 5W CREE LED Puddle Lights, MDesign Carbon
Fiber Cold Air Intake, VLEDS V3 Triton Amber/Amber Switchback T/S

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

futat2

The 2013 Raptor is now available but still no SHO. hopefully soon.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

panther427

At this rate you can order one as a Christmas present for yourself. They need to hurry up with this.
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Just got this email from Ford Show Parts for all those interested..... Took a while to get a response, but Looks like they haven't forgotten the SHO....   :popcorn: I'll just keep waiting.  I think maybe Aaron doesn't work there any more judging by the email address.

To: TheOneAndOnly BiGMaC <knot2bfound@live.com>
Subject: RE: SHO Order
Date: Thu 6/19/14 1:51 PM

Good afternoon Tom,

Sorry for the delay, but it looks like an ETA for the '13 SHO certificates will be sometime this summer. I do not have a specific month at this time but that is what I have been told. We will be looking forward to fulfilling these orders in the coming up months. Thanks again.

Ford Show Parts

To: Anderson <>; Aaron <>
Subject: Re: SHO Order
Date: Thu 4/17/14 8:20 AM
Hi Aaron,

Several of us are still very anxious to have certificates of authenticity for our 2013 Taurus SHOs. Noticed a lot of others are up on your store now.... Any ETA for the 2013 SHO?

Thanks,
Tom

SHOdded

Probably too busy churning out the Mustang and F150 certificates!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHO n GO

Any word for the 13 sho's? You going to get it by this christmas maybe?
2013 non PP
Livernois 93 tune, 3bar, t-stat, K&n drop in filter, tsw nurburings
Best pass to date with sho- 12.54 @ 113

Sbouvia

Just talked to them on the phone. The guy said its a cool package of information but it still is not ready for the 2013 SHO's. He said hopefully by the end of the year.

Guess I will just keep waiting  :cry1:
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

mval

manu:
i don't think so. friends that have boss 302's have been waiting for certs just as long as tom has, so not sure what they are doing. when the boss guys see mine at shows they get real upset that a lowly sho has a cert & their boss's don't.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

I hear ya, Mike!  We are in the 2015 production year, so it's odd that Ford has not caught up with 2013 data.  Something else going on.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sbouvia

I figure if I keep calling about the 2013 year certificates Isaac might have some good news. I just talked on phone with him again and he said he has no idea and to check back in a couple of weeks. Maybe if I call him weekly it will light a fire under his a** so he can try to light a fire under someone else's.

Scott
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI