• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Results of the raffle!

Started by SHOnUup, September 10, 2015, 07:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOw-Me State on September 30, 2015, 08:38:10 PM
Tried posting here the other day, but had problems.  Anyways, got my 'winnings' from SHOnUup last week.  Still a little bit to go before my next oil change, but hope to do it early.  Will post up any opinions I may have.

BIG THANKS AGAIN to SHOnUup for the raffle!!

Kevin

That stuff right therrrr is the best stuff money can buy
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOw-Me State

I don't doubt it one bit. 

I've got some Royal Purple gear lubes for the PTU and RDU.  I think I'm going to use them first to sort of flush those units, then follow up with a quick change over to Amsoil gear stuff for full Amsoil treatment.
2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.

SHOnUup

All the goodness in that bottle is hard to put into words.

Looking forward to your opinions on it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOw-Me State on September 30, 2015, 09:34:18 PM
I don't doubt it one bit. 

I've got some Royal Purple gear lubes for the PTU and RDU.  I think I'm going to use them first to sort of flush those units, then follow up with a quick change over to Amsoil gear stuff for full Amsoil treatment.

Easy...ur gonna butt hurt all the royal purple die hards by telling them that u are using those fluids as a flush prior to filling with the good amsoil fluid lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOw-Me State

Lol..  no worries (I don't think).  I actually got the Royal Purple gear stuff because I felt good about that product too.  However, I'm thinking no matter what I put in the SHO first is going to be a 'flush' followed by another change.  Always wanted to try Amsoil, and, well, the raffle certainly helped push me that way!

My father has a classic 64 Buick Special convertible.  He has all the kit to do a full factory conversion from auto over to manual (just like what he had when he was a kid).  That completely rebuilt tranny came with Royal Purple and specific notes from the shop to only use RP.  Think that was mostly due to the brass/soft metals though and the shop making sure not to use products that will eat them up.

2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.

SHOnUup

Might be the best use for RP I've ever heard of...haha

What scares me about RP...how it freezes at low temps and looks like molasses trying to flow.

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

joe raptor

Is this's the best oil for our SHO's ? . I'm still taking my car to the dealer and they use the syntech-blend . Ready for a change of oil that protect my engine when I race it to the track , is this great oil for my little black fast SHO ?!!!. Thanks for any info !. :-)

SHOnUup

Quote from: joe raptor on October 01, 2015, 09:30:24 AM
Is this's the best oil for our SHO's ? . I'm still taking my car to the dealer and they use the syntech-blend . Ready for a change of oil that protect my engine when I race it to the track , is this great oil for my little black fast SHO ?!!!. Thanks for any info !. :-)
Yes, why yes it is.

The heat that our little turbos create is outstanding. Amsoil provides great(best) resistance to breaking down under these high temps.

CroR1

What's the difference between the signature synthetic series oil and just a synthetic oil?

SHOnUup

Quote from: CroR1 on October 01, 2015, 11:00:31 AM
What's the difference between the signature synthetic series oil and just a synthetic oil?
Compared to its own synthetic line, or against other competitors?

CroR1

One compared to the other, I see those are both synthetic.

SHOnUup

One large difference right off the bat would be that Amsoil starts with a higher quality base stock...4 compared to the competitions 3 class synthetic base stock. Then Amsoil pumps a bunch of their goodies in it to help against thermal breakdown (sludging) and many other additives to achieve the best scores in many of the key categories of oil testing.

CroR1

Okay, so base synthetic, and then extra delicious signature series.

ZSHO

Quote from: CroR1 on October 02, 2015, 08:25:42 AM
I was a member for about a year and think its the only oil that surpasses the competition due to the longer extended drain intervals which ultimately saves you money at the end by not having to change your oil so often,so basically it all comes down to extended drain intervals being the signature series having overall the highest level of protection at 25k or 15k under severe service,the other two are just as good but have shorter draining intervals and shorter mileage protection,due apologize for interfering.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on October 02, 2015, 09:32:10 AM
Quote from: CroR1 on October 02, 2015, 08:25:42 AM
I was a member for about a year and think its the only oil that surpasses the competition due to the longer extended drain intervals which ultimately saves you money at the end by not having to change your oil so often,so basically it all comes down to extended drain intervals being the signature series having overall the highest level of protection at 25k or 15k under severe service,the other two are just as good but have shorter draining intervals and shorter mileage protection,due apologize for interfering.  Z
No apologies needed buddy. Any extra info is greatly appreciated.

Even though the Signature Series is rated at 25k intervals, I wouldn't go over 7k. Only due to the fact that our cars/trucks have a fuel dilution issue.

But that's double the miles I'd trust over on Mobil 1 from my extensive use with it prior to Amsoil.