• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Additives - Information, Comparison, & Personal Experiences

Started by SHOdded, September 01, 2015, 11:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Dashcommand is great on the stock dashboards but lags just like Torque when you make custom gauges.

Making gauges is a simpler process in Torque but you sacrifice some tweaking that DC offers.

Much more support for Torque in the forum as well.

DC charges for PIDS made freely available by Torque and its users.

Dxlnt1

Think I found setting in graphing that speeds up data refresh. Still seems obi disconnecting and/or not reading at times but more consistent. This pic is me cruising around 75 mph with cruise set on 93 tune.
Under load, the AFR stays around 14.1-14.9. LOR is locked in at -1.0. The KR is almost ALWAYS at 0 or negative number. It goes positive upon deceleration.

So I am pretty confidant the ACES is truly helping. In my coming fill ups, I will be using 89 octane gas. But I will reload the 91 tune to be safe and test it out for a bit before reloading the 93 tune.

A long log file attached
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

What concerns me from the log is the KR events last for seconds at a time, mostly on decel, but also on accel (particularly hard accel).  Check for codes?

Can you add lambda data for both banks, also O2 sensor data?  Let's see if the sensors are flatspotting (though AFR measured looks ok to me).

Fuel is 91+ACES, with 93 tune, correct?  ACES 1 oz per 6 gallon ratio?

Which OBD adapter are you using currently?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

A few of things....

You need to verify which KR formula you are using.....

Get rid of the GPS data when logging, just wasting processing power...

When data logging a WOT pull 1st through as far as you can stomach in 3rd would be helpful...

I see enough goofiness in there, I think there is a lot of bad data and dropouts going on, look at lines 879-904, there is some data that doesn't jive when you look at RPM VS Speed. I noticed it as well at the very beginning of the log (KR activity at idle?)where there is clearly an RPM dropout. The only thing I ever see dropout in torque is actual AFR goes to zero once in a while. Impossible but enough for me to know Torque is not reliable for logging.

Your DSD boost is all whacked out as well...

Something is amiss, IDK if its your adapter or Torque is corrupted but there's something going on and I don't trust those numbers.

Dxlnt1

Havent been able to get a WOT pull as I just got the stupid thing semi reliable. Waiting for a replacement bluetooth reader to use with the Android for now. The data dropouts have been my complaint with this readed from day 1 so like you its a little unreliable. But the dropouts are comparatively non existent now. Not completely tho. The desired boost, not sure on it. But because of the dropouts in the past I never trusted it. However, it does appear to track much better since I changed the refresh rate.

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Dxlnt1

Quick question. When I installed downpipes, LMS turned off my rear O2 sensor as a precation. Turns out I did not need to have it off. But all my tunes now have the rear sensor off. Will that affect any of the reads, PID info results or anything else that monitors performance for what I am attempting?

SHOdded

Since you have catted downpipes, it's should be ok to have the rear O2s turned back on.  I am sure they would not be turned off if the tuner thought they really needed information from them to keep the car running well.  Since the tune is built around not using the rear O2 sensor, it should not materially affect the datalogs if the cats are doing their job properly.  Right now, that is being inferred from the front O2s, which again, should normally not be an issue.  Codes should still be set properly, if the tuner is not end-running those, which I am sure LME is not.

Only one way to find out :)  If you are logging the O2 sensors, you SHOULD have 'em all turned on.  That would give you full diags if needed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

I spoke to Brian about 2 weeks ago. Ordered a refill then.

My update is, I am still waiting to realize full potential of ACES IV in my truck. After another 600 mile trip, preliminary results are my truck went from roughly 10-12 mpg to 13-15. I don't have exact numbers as my sister took truck so I was not present to log all the data. But starting and ending mileage shows 15 mpg based on her trip info relayed to me. I will be following up

In the SHO the ACES is allowing me to run the 93 octane tune. I am not seeing any negative effects. With bad gas that I filled with I was getting spikes on KR up to 7. Since burning it out those spikes only go to 4. The KR spikes only come upon hard deceleration. While accelerating I have seen upwards of -4.0.

Im not sure if winter blend fuel is starting to play a bigger role but all other areas I watch are good. LOR -.7 to -1.0, AFR 14.3 - 14.7. I am trying to make sense of the LTFT and STFT. These numbers are all over the place. So can't quantify that info yet.

As for my rear O2 sensors, Anthony from LMS chimed in on email I sent. Turns out there server never updated my tune. So while I had thought and believed the sensors were turned off, that update was never sent. So I am back on the original 91 plus X and 93x tunes with ALL sensors on.

My BUTT dyno is great. My only concern is my fans run full speed seemingly ALL the time. Does anyone else have that on the 93 tune?

SHOdded

The fans running more is key to keeping the engine running cooler & increasing the fan's lifespan.  The "X" tune turns them on earlier and keeps them on longer.  As far as the spikes, have you noted the engine temps at the time they occur?  It might just be that you DO need the 160 TStat from LME to let the 93 tune do its' job right.

SHOnUup

My fans run constantly...now that the weather has cooled, when I coast to a stop the temps will drop enough to turn off the fans...but not for long

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

I would also check your coolant level,could be low on coolant,BTW hows the temp gauge??Does it fluctuate when driving.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Dxlnt1

Temp gauge normal. Generally stays less than half. Torque reading normally 180-190. This with 170 thermostat. Fans kick on after cold engine has been running maybe 1-2 minutes. Temperature barely registers on temp gage at that moment.

Coolant level was a little low so I topped off. Will see later if that makes a difference.

I thought of replacing the thermostat for 160 but someone here hinted that it would not make much difference. Im ok with fans running more frequently as they did even with the 91 tune. But they seem to be on FULL SPEED all the time. SO seems maybe LMS has setting to low. This may cause me to inquire with Bryan again about his cooling products. Supposedly they remove more heat from engine so that may also be a way to calm things down.