• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Remote start for 2011 SHO?

Started by nickstewartroc, August 31, 2015, 10:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstewartroc

I've wanted to add remote start ever since I bought my SHO, but it has been hard finding an aftermarket kit with actual instructions. I found this when browsing today: http://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/ford/taurus/2011-push-to-start/ Has anyone used this before? It states that it works with the Taurus and the push to start feature... it also has guides on how to install it
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

BiGMaC

Could work fine.  I have no experience with it.  You might be happier with an OEM kit. ($75 - $220 on eBay).  They are plug and play, plus offer the ability to control from a free Ford app extending your range to about 300 feet.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

jmr061

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 31, 2015, 10:52:44 PM
Could work fine.  I have no experience with it.  You might be happier with an OEM kit. ($75 - $220 on eBay).  They are plug and play, plus offer the ability to control from a free Ford app extending your range to about 300 feet.

Thats only for the 2013+, he has a 2011.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

BiGMaC

Quote from: jmr061 on August 31, 2015, 11:31:44 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on August 31, 2015, 10:52:44 PM

Thats only for the 2013+, he has a 2011.
Hmmmm....I could be wrong....  This one says it will work... And includes the key fobs... Ford OEM with part number: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINCOLN-MERCURY-Remote-Start-AL2Z-19G364-A-08-09-10-11-MKZ-MKX-MILAN-MARINER-MKS-/252049348198?hash=item3aaf4fd666&vxp=mtr
Might be worth calling the seller.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

jmr061

They do make kits for the 2010-2012 but they are NOT plug and play.  Have to splice into all the wires.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

BiGMaC

Quote from: jmr061 on August 31, 2015, 11:51:40 PM
They do make kits for the 2010-2012 but they are NOT plug and play.  Have to splice into all the wires.
Ahhh... Thanks jmr

SHOdded

You might look into a Viper alarm install, Nick.  A bunch of people with Gen 4.1's had them installed a couple of years ago, and love 'em.  Not cheap though.  PM kolk1 on this forum, he can provide you more details, as he is an electronics installer by trade.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

peppelepugh

yeah, the 2011 OEM kit is quite quirky... if i start the car, then open the driver door, it shuts the car off. no questions asked. I had a  helluva time haggling with the dealer on why i shouldn't have to pay to have one installed when i purchased it. from my experience with car starters though... OEM or just don't get one. (i had a baaaaddddd experience on my 01 monte carlo)
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

Blackhawk

I'm interested in this as well, would like something I can control from my phone. 

SHOdded

I may have posted this before, but this is a thread that helps get the remote start/smartphone thing done on the 2011+ Edge:
http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17035-adding-oem-remote-start-kits-parts-explained-detailed-2011

HTH.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickstewartroc

I like the idea of using an OEM setup, simply because OEM, however for the price and having to take it to the dealer, I think I might do aftermarket. I looked a little more into the link I posted, and after posting a question on there page I found all I need is the EvoAll and the programmer, which I can buy both together on Amazon for less than $100 bucks.
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Quinid

Just fyi you might want to ask if it messes up the mirror dimming.  I have the oem. If I hurry and start the car back up after it shuts off due to pressing the brake the dimming doesn't work.  If it's not a big deal then ignore this.  I imagine there will be some drawback just as there is with the oem. Mine is a 2010 Sho.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.