• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ticking Noise 3.5 SHO

Started by DJE624, July 04, 2013, 09:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I took my engine cover off the other day.  Most of the time I've had my hood open, the engine was off.  Today I had it open and running.  I could hear a ticking noise.  It wasn't the A/C I turned that off.  It sounds almost like knocking or piston slap but higher pitched.   I think it is the injectors.  I tried it with the cover back on and it was muted.  It almost sounds like it is coming from all over but more in the back.  The cap over the fuel pump did not make a difference.   She still runs like a champ.   Is this normal? 

bpd1151

Perfectly normal and is likely the HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump).

These are noisy engines my friend. Even noisier with all the insulating covers removed like you've described.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

EcoPowerParts

Hpfp, told you to keep that rubber deal on :D

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 04, 2013, 10:31:56 PM
Hpfp, told you to keep that rubber deal on :D

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

LOL  I know.  It looks better off.  Even though I'm the only one that sees it.  :bangin:

It really didn't effect the noise at all.  But, I do think it helps keep the gasoline from getting to hot.  I was just doing a couple quick errands. I'll put it back on if I'm going more than a couple miles.   ;D