• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Do I have to pay a diagnostic fee if the problem is not diagnosed?

Started by shaneirish, September 11, 2015, 08:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I have owned a large fleet of cars and trucks my whole lifetime from a variety of auto manufacturers and certainly the SHO is very unique in its own aspect,there are two contrastive elements that i find problematic after owning my car for over two years now 1)the lack of unskilled techs with limited knowledge twards the SHO makes a trip to the dealer that more hesitant, 2)the SHO does not emit,produce codes that easily making any judgement or repair that much harder especially when your vehicle has issues and the tech cannot properly conclude a definitive diagnosis,so when putting the two together you have one decisive dealer visit,just my 2 cent.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shaneirish

They did not offer a refund or credit until I pressed the issue and asked to talk to the manager. The service manager, in trying to get out of having to refund the misdiagnosis, said "well how do you know the part we replaced wasn't  worn?", i said "show me the part", which he couldn't do. My point is that they told me the problem was corrected when they replaced that part and it wasn't.  They should have said "we replaced a part that was worn but it didn't correct the problem".  I would have been more than happy to pay has thar been the case.  Instead they focus on the clock and rushing repairs instead of doing what's right.
2010 SHO 20" Wheels, LMS 4X tune, AirRaid CAI, 3-Bar MAP, 160 Thermostat.  TSB's and Failures TSB-11-12-10 - 6F50/6F55 TRANSMISSION. TSB 11-11-09 - INTERMITTENT STEERING DRIFT/PULL. All four wheel bearings replaced winter 2014-2015 (all failed at different times and within four weeks of each other, PTU Failure at 54,000 miles. Climate heat issue fixed, halfshaft issue. Right front strut bearing plate failure at 79,000. TSB installed the thrust washer over the halfshaft.

Nasty93

You do what you want, you ask for advice and other peoples outlook on the situation. But you seem to get annoyed and defensive if the posters opinion does not match yours.

I have worked in the service department of a dealer my entire working life. You were not done wrong in my opinion, but its clear you feel cheated.

at this point nothing they do will be acceptable it seems, so you must move on.
2013 SHO PP - Unleashed Tune/3 bar /Magnaflow Catback /1 Step colder plugs/H&R springs/Cold Air/Caliper Covers

1993 Z28 88mm Turbo - street car

shaneirish

So you are saying it was ok for the service department to call me and say they found the problem and replaced the right and left stabilizer link pins, bushings and nuts, tell me the noise was gone and charge me almost $300 and it was ok to then pick up my car and hear the noise EXACTLY as it sounded when I dropped it off? It was ok when the service tech rode with me again and verified he still heard the noise? It was ok that I was not offered a refund or credit until I  pushed the issue and that I had to ask to speak to the Service Manager who tried to double talk me in his reluctance to refund me and I had to negotiate a refund?  Yes, I got a service credit but I had to fight for it.  After all that you are saying I was not done wrong?? Think of it like this, your dishwasher is broken, a repairman comes and replaces a $300 part, tells you it's fixed and leaves.  You start your dishwasher and nothing is different, it's still broken.  He comes back(does not offer a refund), and after 3 days of troubleshooting and consultation with Maytag Engineers, they can only guess at what the problem might be and he tells you he will just replace parts until it's fixed.  He is the almighty Maytag certified Service Tech so I should let him keep trying to fix it. Is that the route you would take?  Well in my world when I experience incompetence and someones inability to solve an issue I move on and find someone who can.

The noise was actually caused by a bad strut component that my mechanic diagnosed and repaired in less than a day without having to consult Ford Engineers. He has a shop and a client base of customers who trust him.  He doesn't have the production line mentality that a Dealerships service department has of getting cars in and out quickly, trading thoroughness for haste in an effort to get as many cars in and out to maximize profit.   That level of expertise only comes from years of experience and not because he took a certified mechanic class.
2010 SHO 20" Wheels, LMS 4X tune, AirRaid CAI, 3-Bar MAP, 160 Thermostat.  TSB's and Failures TSB-11-12-10 - 6F50/6F55 TRANSMISSION. TSB 11-11-09 - INTERMITTENT STEERING DRIFT/PULL. All four wheel bearings replaced winter 2014-2015 (all failed at different times and within four weeks of each other, PTU Failure at 54,000 miles. Climate heat issue fixed, halfshaft issue. Right front strut bearing plate failure at 79,000. TSB installed the thrust washer over the halfshaft.

Nasty93

You work in a different industry. You are looking for black and white and that does not exist with cars. Look at all the posts on the forums with people that are quite educated on the SHO and have issues. Not everything is cut and dry and you fail to understand that. You don't work in the industry so its not fair to expect you to get it.

you have your opinion and you're welcome to it. I personally disagree with you and think you're making a WAY bigger deal of it than it deserves.

Do i think you're wrong? yes i do. But it shouldn't effect your life as it certainly does not effect mine.

2013 SHO PP - Unleashed Tune/3 bar /Magnaflow Catback /1 Step colder plugs/H&R springs/Cold Air/Caliper Covers

1993 Z28 88mm Turbo - street car

ZSHO

I surely agree with both you guys and respect your opinions and should just move on to the next discussion/topic, thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|