• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Has anyone upgraded their trans cooler?

Started by Gray Brick, August 11, 2015, 01:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Looks nice....Why can't we have that on our GPS screens?.....I don't have one of those fancy tablets and I'd hate to look at that on my phone
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on August 11, 2015, 11:43:04 PM
Looks nice....Why can't we have that on our GPS screens?.....I don't have one of those fancy tablets and I'd hate to look at that on my phone
Because in Ford's infinite wisdom the equipped our 45k tech flagships with composite video inputs.

AJP turbo

Well I'm not a computer guy at all...We have Bluetooth...Can't you do a type of wireless or dongle or something from the OBD II port ...I'd run the composite cables  to the screen if I could see all those gauges.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Gray Brick

HDMI to composite converter... $20 on ebay.

The problem is you need a Lockpick device to watch composite while driving.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Gray Brick on August 12, 2015, 03:33:51 AM

Nah, I'm just gonna blow $429 on the new Lockpick Air....

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 12, 2015, 02:09:06 PM

What's that all a boot?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on August 12, 2015, 02:40:58 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 12, 2015, 02:09:06 PM

What's that all a boot?
http://www.coastaletech.com/mytouchair.htm

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

So I just took the BBG out for a flogging to watch the trans temps....

Highest temp was 196 and this was a fairly extensive flogging....far worse that dragstrip days with the 2013  non pp that saw temps over 220

As soon as the flogging subsided temps dropped very quickly to the low 170's for normal cruising.

This is a 2015 pp that had a drain and fill with Amsoil at 150 miles.

YMMV

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gray Brick

170 sounds good.

Is the cooler different in the SHO compared to the Flex?
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller

SHOdded

FoMoCo has the 2015 Performance Package, his 2013 did not.  The Flex has the same componentry as the non-Performance Package SHO.

How do the differences look (for 2010-12 anyway)?  See the attachment in bpd's post here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,522.msg3161.html#msg3161

SHO Performance Package

$1,300

Enhance the performance of your SHO with the available SHO Performance Package. It features:

• Upgraded performance brake pads
• Sport-calibrated electric power-assisted steering (EPAS)
• Higher-rated springs, tuned shocks, stiffer stabilizer bars and rear suspension to provide a more connected feel between the driver and the road
• Standard AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control (ESC) features a "Track Mode/True Off" setting that delivers a more spirited driving experience
• 3.16 final drive ratio for off-the-line acceleration
• 20" machined and painted wheels with performance summer tires*
• New larger front and rear brake rotors
• Upgraded cooling pack
• Tire mobility kit (in lieu of spare tire)
• Alcantara® suede-wrapped steering wheel

*Ford does not recommend using summer tires when temperatures drop to approximately 40°F or below (depending on tire wear and environmental conditions) or in snow/ice conditions. If the vehicle must be driven in these conditions, Ford recommends using all-season or snow tires.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

30 minute drive to work today, 3 10ish minute segments consisting

City/hwy/city

156 degrees when I pulled in.

SHOdded

I suppose you could keep some cold ones in there, FoMoCo!  ;)

Gray Brick

Does Ford offer the aux trans cooler for the Flex?
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex