• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Seatbelt buckle assembly wiring question

Started by jbeez, September 09, 2016, 08:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeez

So I accidentally ripped the wires out of this harness while moving my seat, I looked the part up, I think the right part is about $180..... I think I want to try and just splice those wires in with some crimp connectors because I'm not into paying $180 for a seatbelt buckle assembly.    Does anyone know which color wires goto what? Tomorrow I plan on taking my driver's seat out and working on those wires, but maybe I wont have to remove the seat if i'm "lucky."

Little extra info though, the side that is OK seems to be connector P/N: WPT-940    but I can't find a pigtail connector that goes into that WPT-940, which is what I need.
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

ZSHO

I can certainly try to get some wiring Diagrams for ya but for the time being maybe you might want to look at some harness connectors. LMK.  Z           http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2014,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,3300371,electrical-connector,seat+belt+connector,10833?a=Referer+www.google.com+URL+%2F

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jbeez

the only connectors I find are for the other side.  I did find an assembly on ebay for $35, not terrible.   At this point, I'm really trying to figure out which wire goes to which pin in the connector that was destroyed. There is a black wire and a Grey wire with a purple stripe.  I haven't driven the car yet but I can only imagine the seatbelt chime is going to start going off and driving me insane. So even if i can temp tap these wires until I get the new connector here it would help alot.

https://goo.gl/photos/oT4yq5tV1KhmrK1n6  the black and grey wires in the one photo need to hook into the left two wires of the other photo, looks like a blue and a green wire. the issue atm is I don't know which pin the black wire went to or the grey wire, so I can't tap into those without risking a backwards connection, and I'm not sure what would happen if that were to take place.
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

jbeez

I think the actual part is DG1Z-5461203-AE
or now changed to DG1Z-5461203-AL (IDK why they change part numbers like that)

jbeez

Can anyone take a peak under their front driver's seat and tell me if the black wire into that connect is on the outside pin or if the grey wire with purple stripe is on the outter most pin coming off the seatbelt buckle assembly?

TIA!

glock-coma

I'm assuming they changed it for 2013+
This is the harness for a 2010
Green wire on 2 wire plug  goes to blue wire on 4 wire plug.
Sorry for the crappy pic that harness is a SOB to get to.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

jbeez

Hard to see, but does that right side harness only have 2 wires in it? Green on the outside and looks like a grey on the inside?

Thanks for the response! If thats the case i think the green wire on yours is the black wire on mine

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Sorry for the late reply just went out with my PJ'S to take a peak while half a sleep,LOL.  Z   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jbeez

I just repaired this, seems to be working, thanks guys!

jbeez

glock-coma

To add more confusion to the party my plug has 4 wire on both sides.
Black
Black
Grey
Green
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

jbeez

I have no idea why my plug has 4 wires on one side and only 2 on the other, passenger side has 5 or 6...

ZSHO

I think the extra wires your seeing on the passenger seat are related to the [airbag alert feature].....anyone over 100lbs that sits on the passenger seat will activate the airbag and SET ON Display on center console and if no one is sitting there it will be SET TO OFF.... and great to hear you were able to fix it.  Z