• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PID for PTU Temperature

Started by Gray Brick, August 09, 2015, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: ecobeast13 on June 25, 2017, 06:15:21 PM
What temps are you guys seeing? ive seen mine as high as 190 on a hot day... cools down on idle.. (13 pp sho)
It sounds about right!! Under extreme temperatures/conditions of high Torque would be around 195 deg F.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

craigtone

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am planning to install the PI PTU on my 2013 non-PP SHO.  Did anyone ever find out if the non-PP harness has provisions for the PTU temp sensor?  Also, would I need a PI PCM in order to get the code that monitors service intervals for the PTU fluid?

Option B is just add a trans temp gauge with a generic oil temp sensor in the factory temp sensor port and manually monitor temps.
2015 SHO (non-PP) - Off-Road DPs, K&N Intake, OBX Catback, GH AO Tune, Aux Trans Cooler, H&R Springs, PP Shocks, PI Brakes, ScanGauge 2, Amsoil Fluids

Macgyver

Quote from: craigtone on June 06, 2021, 11:46:12 AM
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am planning to install the PI PTU on my 2013 non-PP SHO.  Did anyone ever find out if the non-PP harness has provisions for the PTU temp sensor?  Also, would I need a PI PCM in order to get the code that monitors service intervals for the PTU fluid?

Option B is just add a trans temp gauge with a generic oil temp sensor in the factory temp sensor port and manually monitor temps.

Old threads are very informative. Its good to revive them.