• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO WOT issues. Datalog Included

Started by shoryde, May 23, 2021, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoryde

Hello Everyone, I recently put in a set of DW 1700cc injectors and am in the middle of finalizing my tune. But I am unable to rid my WOT pulls from misfires. I have checked plugs several times, each time they look fine, no gas/oil white ceramic. They are SP-542 plugs gaped at 0.026. I was running MSD coils but swapped back to stock to rule that out. Outside of that I have a CAI. I have gone over all electrical connections and vacuum lines. Most all seem fine. New Primary O2 sensors, PCV solenoid replaced. New 3 bar map. Not much blue smoke on start up, very little. Car has 59k on it.

The car idles fine and has great drives great when not at 75%+ Throttle. My tuner put me on a low boot tune. I will probably stick with it until I can resolve this current issue. Datalog is below. Do anyone have any ideas?

Live Link .csv file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-M4qFeCzNA6UpKHegYHVUzTrMBcnq1gw/view?usp=sharing

shoryde

Checked temperature on cats. 300* at front turbo rear cat exit flange. 400* at rear turbo cat exit flange. This was sampled after the car was driven for 15 min. Does that seem normal to have the rear side running hotter?

Macgyver

Quote from: shoryde on May 24, 2021, 05:16:55 PM
Checked temperature on cats. 300* at front turbo rear cat exit flange. 400* at rear turbo cat exit flange. This was sampled after the car was driven for 15 min. Does that seem normal to have the rear side running hotter?

I am not sure but hotter could be too lean ?

What are your fuel trims ?

Admin

Quote from: shoryde on May 23, 2021, 04:39:01 PM
Hello Everyone, I recently put in a set of DW 1700cc injectors and am in the middle of finalizing my tune. But I am unable to rid my WOT pulls from misfires. I have checked plugs several times, each time they look fine, no gas/oil white ceramic. They are SP-542 plugs gaped at 0.026. I was running MSD coils but swapped back to stock to rule that out. Outside of that I have a CAI. I have gone over all electrical connections and vacuum lines. Most all seem fine. New Primary O2 sensors, PCV solenoid replaced. New 3 bar map. Not much blue smoke on start up, very little. Car has 59k on it.

The car idles fine and has great drives great when not at 75%+ Throttle. My tuner put me on a low boot tune. I will probably stick with it until I can resolve this current issue. Datalog is below. Do anyone have any ideas?

Live Link .csv file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-M4qFeCzNA6UpKHegYHVUzTrMBcnq1gw/view?usp=sharing

So without a better log, I can't tell what is really going on here...  you need to add long term fuel trims for bank 1 and bank 2.  Additionally you need to include fuel rail pressure desired.

Cats get hot when there is excess fuel being dumped into them FWIW.

Macgyver

shoryde

Quote from: Admin on May 28, 2021, 12:56:43 PM
Quote from: shoryde on May 23, 2021, 04:39:01 PM

Live Link .csv file:

So without a better log, I can't tell what is really going on here...  you need to add long term fuel trims for bank 1 and bank 2.  Additionally you need to include fuel rail pressure desired.

Cats get hot when there is excess fuel being dumped into them FWIW.

Hello Friend, thank you for taking a look at the previous logs. I took another set this morning, I was getting onto the highway with a nice part throttle pull with boost. Then you can see me go WOT and the misfires occur towards the end of log.

Over the weekend I ran scope down cats and did a back pressure test and they appear to be ok. Also pulled plugs and all seemed well there. I went back to the MSD coils since the stock did not change anything. I pulled map sensor and cleaned it, went over all vacuum lines and bov to make sure there were no leaks. All checked out ok from what I could tell, even had a few friends eyes on it to make sure it wasn't something stupid I am completely overlooking.

Thanks for looking!

I also included all tables in this log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VWXuQF8n6cu6zSO6nikafdhBFiZIBPyr/view?usp=sharing

jman

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

shoryde

shoryde

Still struggling with this. I took it to the transmission shop to see if there were any codes related to the transmission or if the TC was failing. He said everything transmission related was good. He suspected that possibly it was a turbo failure, but I'm not so sure about it. Other than the wot pulls it runs great.

shoryde

Back to stock injectors fixed my problem. WOT is now misfire free. DW 1700 look to be root cause.

ridered74

Quote from: shoryde on June 05, 2021, 02:01:02 PM
Back to stock injectors fixed my problem. WOT is now misfire free. DW 1700 look to be root cause.

Can't remember anyone having success with those injectors. Surprised your tuner didn't tell you that right off the bat.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

shoryde

Well I bought them from the tuner and didn't realize until after the fact that they were challenging to work with. I figured buying injectors from a reputable vendor would have shielded me from these sort of incompatibilities. Oh well, I learned a lesson. I'm still hopeful that dw will look at them and say they found something when I send them back. My question is and maybe I jumped the gun pulling them. Do I need a hp & lp pump to run these higher flow injectors. My guy would say yes to achieve the specific flow rate you need more rail pressure. Idk, I'm kinda shocked these ran like they did. I did become very good at removing upper intake manifold lol.

ridered74

Quote from: shoryde on June 06, 2021, 02:15:29 PM
Well I bought them from the tuner and didn't realize until after the fact that they were challenging to work with. I figured buying injectors from a reputable vendor would have shielded me from these sort of incompatibilities. Oh well, I learned a lesson. I'm still hopeful that dw will look at them and say they found something when I send them back. My question is and maybe I jumped the gun pulling them. Do I need a hp & lp pump to run these higher flow injectors. My guy would say yes to achieve the specific flow rate you need more rail pressure. Idk, I'm kinda shocked these ran like they did. I did become very good at removing upper intake manifold lol.

Ya I would have thought the same thing. Some people will do anything for a buck tho.

I have stock injectors and hpfp but still stock lpfp. In some spots I'm at the edge of what the stock lpfp can supply, so my guess would be to run higher flow injectors you'd at least need upgraded lpfp, but I don't know that for sure.

Couple people have bought the xdi injectors but I don't think anyone has pushed them on the SHO's as of yet so there really isn't a whole lot of experience with anything other than stock injectors as far as I know.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET