• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ACES IV - An effective octane booster and anti-wear additive?

Started by SHOdded, August 05, 2015, 04:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Fun fact.

Torrie's  tune changed max -KR from -4 to -5

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

J-Will

What does zeroing out the STFT and LTFT or perhaps making them negative mean?

Does it imply that the fuel trim is essentially working in default and no compensation is required?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

FoMoCoSHO

Jwill, Brian talks about making the mixture fatter, or needing less fuel to hit the ecms commanded afr. This is important because that means more fuel headroom and also better fuel economy if you care about that. (I do not😊)

The car now going negative in the long term trims actually shows that is indeed what is happening. When I ran the car previously on shell vpower 93 without the ACES, ltft was always positive, since adding the ACES it continues to move the other way.

FoMoCoSHO

I also noticed that my cat temps are higher (50 degrees ish) when I'm pounding on it.

If cat temps follow EGT, then this is also indicative that the mixture is indeed richer.

Hopefully someone smarter than I will chime in on EGT behavior vs cat temps.

J-Will

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 28, 2015, 08:06:49 PM
Jwill, Brian talks about making the mixture fatter, or needing less fuel to hit the ecms commanded afr. This is important because that means more fuel headroom and also better fuel economy if you care about that.

Yea, that seems logical. 
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

BND 370 Hemi

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 28, 2015, 09:41:56 PM
I also noticed that my cat temps are higher (50 degrees ish) when I'm pounding on it.

If cat temps follow EGT, then this is also indicative that the mixture is indeed richer.

Hopefully someone smarter than I will chime in on EGT behavior vs cat temps.

Remember that the most efficient burn also produces the most power.  Typically on an engine without ACES IV, you have to richen up the fuel mixture to protect the heads or a lean condition....especially with ethanol.....will occur and damage the heads/pistons etc.

Since using ACES IV will richen up the fuel mixture anyway, you can back off the amount of fuel, get a better more powerful burn due to the efficiency and lubricity is imparted copiously/plentifully so that the heads, pistons and valves are not damaged!

6 times less ring and bore wear, 4 times less stem and guide wear and 5 times less valve seat and face damage! 

Worth every penny to do all of that for sure!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com   

J-Will

Are you guys having trouble figuring out how to much ACES IV to add in during each fill up?
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

FoMoCoSHO

Jwill are you trying to do it before or after? You can do both but I think after will be most accurate. Torque will give you a percentage which you can convert, but it is thrown off of the car isnt perfectly level.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: J-Will on August 31, 2015, 03:02:16 PM
Are you guys having trouble figuring out how to much ACES IV to add in during each fill up?
Basically its just number of gallons added divided by 6. Then I just rounded up to the nearest quarter.

1st tank 19 gallons, divided by 6 was 3.16, so I put in 3.25

FoMoCoSHO

And please don't forget to use the special nozzle adapter that came with your car or your expensive ACES will be on the ground!!!!

J-Will

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 31, 2015, 03:51:11 PM
Jwill are you trying to do it before or after? You can do both but I think after will be most accurate. Torque will give you a percentage which you can convert, but it is thrown off of the car isnt perfectly level.
I don't have the product yet, I'm just planning its usage. And mixing seems like a hassle. Some product make you pour first, then fill up. This one seems a little more forgiving with the order.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOdded

True; with HEET I can add anytime, but with 104+ I am supposed to add before fillup only.  Of course having a saddle type fuel tank with AWD doesn't help matters much!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Its not bad, I just wish the bottle had 1,.5, and .25 graduations.

Brian, does the ACES need shaken like the other products?