• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ACES IV - An effective octane booster and anti-wear additive?

Started by SHOdded, August 05, 2015, 04:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Scott4957

Nice! Still working through the revisions on my 93 3bar with Torrie. I will play with this in future tunes. I want to start on an E20 after we finish this crap winter gas 93 tune.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Dxlnt1

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 21, 2015, 09:32:52 PM
Just ordered 2.5 gallons, liquid crack for car guys!

Got my fix a few weeks ago. Had long talk with Brian about my experiences. Waiting for the summer blends to come through to test harder what the ACES can or will do. FYI, the batch I received was clear in color compared with the others that have the yellowish tint/color to them. Brian says he moving away from the dye that was added. Other companies are claiming to have something like his product and/or something just as good, just less expensive. SO he is trying to assure his product stands out.

We are talking I may experiment with his racing blend to see if there are any additional gains to be had from it. Maybe some, Maybe none. But I want to find a dyno shop that can dyno AWD cars
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

FoMoCoSHO

I goofed and ran myself out.

I'm gonna throw 4 or 5 ounces of the race concentrate in and see what happens.

Hopefully I can get a dry day so I can grab a log with it.

Dxlnt1

So you already have the race formula?

If so, I am definitely interested in the results.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

bamsho

Curious, has anyone did a plug check yet.  I would like to see what the plugs look like.

Thanks
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 22, 2015, 02:46:30 AM
So you already have the race formula?

If so, I am definitely interested in the results.
Well of course, lol...will let you know it goes in today.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bamsho on December 22, 2015, 04:55:53 AM
Curious, has anyone did a plug check yet.  I would like to see what the plugs look like.

Thanks
I may switch to colder plugs so I will take pics if I do.

FoMoCoSHO

So put 5 ounces in the tank today and I was kind of surprised, after about 10 minutes of driving for the trims to level it it became immediately apparent the car is pulling fuel everywhere long term and short term. Light cruise LT is now -1.6, and ST is still pulling so I expect LT will continue to move backwards. What's interesting is that with the regular ACES this has been a fairly slow slide backwards. This was immediate. At idle I'm seeing mins of just under 200 psi on the rail. Min with regular ACES was around 210.

Dxlnt1

5 oz? Does it require that much more? Thats almost twice as much as regular ACES. (1:6)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 22, 2015, 07:31:26 PM
5 oz? Does it require that much more? Thats almost twice as much as regular ACES. (1:6)
Well, consider this blend designed for racing with an effective octane of 120. IIRC its intended use is 1oz per gallon. This is the first use in this specific application so Brian really didn't know exactly how it was going to behave so this is the starting point. My intention was just to use this till the ACES got here but that is on hold for now till I play with this a bit more and see how it plays out. At this point I figure it could go either way regarding the sweet spot of volume.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 22, 2015, 07:42:48 PM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 22, 2015, 07:31:26 PM
Well, consider this blend designed for racing with an effective octane of 120. IIRC its intended use is 1oz per gallon. This is the first use in this specific application so Brian really didn't know exactly how it was going to behave so this is the starting point. My intention was just to use this till the ACES got here but that is on hold for now till I play with this a bit more and see how it plays out. At this point I figure it could go either way regarding the sweet spot of volume.

That sounds awesome
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

BND 370 Hemi

Yes, the ACES IV-P is what he is talking about.  It is designed to create more utilization of BTU and increase octane value so that the car can take more advantage of the energy locked in the fuel.  This produces more throttle response, power, torque and has more lubricity as well.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com 

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BND 370 Hemi on February 03, 2016, 02:30:26 PM
Yes, the ACES IV-P is what he is talking about.  It is designed to create more utilization of BTU and increase octane value so that the car can take more advantage of the energy locked in the fuel.  This produces more throttle response, power, torque and has more lubricity as well.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Hey stranger, welcome back!