• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 SHO LMS 4X tune.....Holy f!!!

Started by shaneirish, August 04, 2015, 12:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaneirish

I installed my LMS 4X tune last week and at first I was afraid to get on it because I thought something might break.  That all changed when I pulled up to a red light next to a SRT8 Challenger, I know on paper he has the faster car but it all depends on the drivers launch skill..I smoked him off the line and shut her down at 60mph with him still behind me. We met up at the next light and he said WTF is in that??  I've come across many cars since then and have not lost up to 60 yet, Pontiac G-8, WRX, Mustangs, Camaros..etc..All the drivers have that smug "I'm going to smoke your Taurus's ass" look...until they are in my rearview mirror.   If you don't have a tune..get it!   I've recently had the transmission slip TSB done and a new PTU installed (the last one came apart) so I'm confident with my drive train. On a side note, every wheel bearing went bad last winter, but not all at the same time, every three weeks another would go until I had 4 new ones and all covered under the warranty.

I go to the 1/8th mile track tomorrow at Lancaster's cruise night for my first runs with the 4X tune.  My best time with only a CAI, low tire pressure and as light as I could get was 8.95 for the 1/8th.  I'll post my slips when I get them. 
2010 SHO 20" Wheels, LMS 4X tune, AirRaid CAI, 3-Bar MAP, 160 Thermostat.  TSB's and Failures TSB-11-12-10 - 6F50/6F55 TRANSMISSION. TSB 11-11-09 - INTERMITTENT STEERING DRIFT/PULL. All four wheel bearings replaced winter 2014-2015 (all failed at different times and within four weeks of each other, PTU Failure at 54,000 miles. Climate heat issue fixed, halfshaft issue. Right front strut bearing plate failure at 79,000. TSB installed the thrust washer over the halfshaft.

SHOdded

Sometimes it's nice to have a "sleeper".
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

Welcome to the tune club.  I have had my '12 tuned by LME since 3/14.  Been the best thing I ever did.  Yes, the sleeper car look is the best, and the faces on peoples faces when they see these cars do, is priceless.  ENJOY!
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

BiGMaC

Be careful that your new permagrin doesn't break some windows! Looking forward to your times. Expecting about a  4sec 0-60

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Pitty920

A lot of your guys say u get 3.9 second 0-60 with xtune and no downpipe. The x tune is crazy on the high end but my 0-60 is anything is worse than my 4.5 sec with the 4plus tune
2010 sho
Plugs
Airraid CAi
160 tstat
3bar
4px tune
2010 white sho: 4plus xtune, plugs, air raid cai, 3bar, 160 tstat.

SHOdded

You are running a known good 93, right?  How does it shift on the 4x vs 4+ tune?  Also are the times AFTER the PCM has completed a relearn?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

Launch technique is a big factor in 0-60.  Using my Aeroforce gauge, if I just floor it from an idle, mine is around 4.4 seconds.  However, if I do a brake-torque launch, it is 3.94.  That 3.94 number is confirmed by the Wallace Racing Calculator that uses 1/8 mile time and speed from my track runs to calculate.  I run 4X and with the 4+, it was about a tenth slower.   Here is 0-60 from just an idle and with a passenger on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4GRATi80a8

Pitty920

Yes i always launch with brake boost. I have tried 2400 to 1800 rpm. My best time was 4.2 but i am simply using a iphone stopwatch. Its not perfect but if anything i am stopping it early. I have no real way to verify my 93 octane but it always seems to run great not misfires or anything. So what rpm do u guys typically launch at i am afraid to do to much i heard it is bad for turbos to floor it while not moving.
Quote from: Brucelinc on August 04, 2016, 09:19:10 AM
Launch technique is a big factor in 0-60.  Using my Aeroforce gauge, if I just floor it from an idle, mine is around 4.4 seconds.  However, if I do a brake-torque launch, it is 3.94.  That 3.94 number is confirmed by the Wallace Racing Calculator that uses 1/8 mile time and speed from my track runs to calculate.  I run 4X and with the 4+, it was about a tenth slower.   Here is 0-60 from just an idle and with a passenger on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4GRATi80a8

Pitty920

I have had the tune on for a week. My shifts are good i know anthony said if i wanted he could give me a softer shifting tune in addition. Trac control off i assume brake boost rmp suggestions. Thanks for the help.and fuel source should be good i have tried a few 93 sources all seem the same. In my old car i would adda gallon of e85 for good measure but was told not to use with ecoboost, or at least i asked for a e85 tune but they said dont run that.

Brucelinc

The way we measure 0-60 can affect the numbers.  It is really difficult to do accurately with a stopwatch.  I have used that method and the results can be all over the place.    Before I got the Aeroforce gauge and before I started going to the track, I used the stopwatch on my phone but I would first video the run and then do the timing while observing the video.  That seemed to work better than timing it while actually making the run.

Pitty920

Now thats a good idea! Thanks and whats this zeroforce gauge

Pitty920

Quote from: SHOdded on August 03, 2016, 08:28:00 PM
You are running a known good 93, right?  How does it shift on the 4x vs 4+ tune?  Also are the times AFTER the PCM has completed a relearn?
Not sure how long it takes to learn but its been 1 week. As for fuel can i add a gallon of e85!?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Pitty920 on August 07, 2016, 03:35:57 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on August 03, 2016, 08:28:00 PM
Not sure how long it takes to learn but its been 1 week. As for fuel can i add a gallon of e85!?
I'm running 5 :)

Pitty920

Yea i see that u are running a e30 tune so thats about correct mixture though. i will add a gallong or 2 and see how it works.

SHOdded