• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Upgraded Filter for MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake

Started by MDesign Performance, July 31, 2015, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

For all of our users without a Facebook account, we introduce our new, larger inner filter for our MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake kits! All kits now will arrive with the new larger filter.

http://www.MDesignPerformance.com/shop

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

FoMoCoSHO

Any dyno work with the new filter?

Didn't you add heat shielding as well?

MDesign Performance

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 08, 2015, 06:34:10 PM
Any dyno work with the new filter?

Didn't you add heat shielding as well?

Yes both changes were made though we haven't had any time on the dyno yet. We actually have one possible client who might be taking advantage of our "dyno discount" so we should have numbers soon. I will also post some info on that here shortly as well!
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

ZSHO

Welcome back A, Best of luck on the new intake,looks like a clear winner.  Z :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MDesign Performance

Quote from: ZSHO on October 09, 2015, 05:16:46 PM
Welcome back A, Best of luck on the new intake,looks like a clear winner.  Z :thumb: :thumb:

Nice to see you Z, and thank you! It definitely is :thumb:

FoMoCoSHO

Honestly I had completely forgotten about this but is back on my radar.

What is the current price?

MDesign Performance

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 09, 2015, 11:21:29 PM
Honestly I had completely forgotten about this but is back on my radar.

What is the current price?

Current price is $290 before shipping. If you're planning to go onto the dyno we also are currently doing a $100 rebate/refund discount for dyno results + video.

66 Galaxie

Beautiful product.  Any info on life span of filter and filtering ability vs stock?
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

MDesign Performance

Quote from: 66 Galaxie on October 10, 2015, 11:14:20 AM
Beautiful product.  Any info on life span of filter and filtering ability vs stock?

It is a cotton high-flow performance filter similar to other conical cotton filters you see commonly in the performance modification scene. These cotton filters tend to initially filter not as well as the OEM paper type filters though they improve filtering abilities as they're used. The cotton absorbs dirt whereas the paper filters have the dirt sit ontop of it and actually impede flow, when the cotton absorbs dust it helps filtering improve.

As for life span since they are cotton filters they are able to be cleaned and recharged, a popular cleaning and recharge kit is the K&N brand. They recommend every 50,000 miles though I personally believe 25,000 is a good number due to the simplicity of the cleaning method.

You can read more about cotton filters below and also search the net:

http://www.knfilters.com/mobile/faq.aspx

FoMoCoSHO

MDesign Performance

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 10, 2015, 09:30:07 PM
Weren't you working on an engine cover as well?

We had some interest though that didn't go through.

BiGMaC

Quote from: MDesign on October 11, 2015, 12:51:10 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 10, 2015, 09:30:07 PM
Weren't you working on an engine cover as well?
Ahmad... Still interested if you are, and the battery cover as well as the fuse box cover too.... If you are. Between my job and your school it just got lost in the mix. I have the parts for overlay ( except the battery cover of course.

We had some interest though that didn't go through.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

I notice on your website you talk about a "less restrictive design".

Reducing pressure drop before the turbos is an important factor and I was wondering if you could provide some supporting data on this and what elements of your design (filter, housing, etc) contribute to the reduction and how much.

FoMoCoSHO

FearlessAZ

I also saw somewhere that it talked about reduced intake temp vs other intakes. Very curious on this because heat is a GINORMOUS issue here in AZ.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)