• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Incorrect AFR at WOT Help!!

Started by kskrew4life, July 26, 2015, 08:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kskrew4life

Has anyone else with the unleashed 93 octane 3 bar tune have issues with the AFR readings? I dont have  a CEL or anything else that makes me want to question the condition of my car, but after some data logging Torrie pointed out that there might be a problem with the 02 sensor at bank 2. he said the AFR values at WOT are incorrect. Im not sure what to look for in solving this issue as i see no noticeable difference with the car.

mods
3 bar
motorcraft sp534 gapped at 0.030

glock-coma

Edit: I'm running the same tune.

My ltft and stft is always lower on bank 2 for some reason. Never noticed AFR. I'll have to check.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

glock-coma

Maybe an exhaust leak or vacuum leak somewhere.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

kskrew4life

Thanks for the response, seems like this will be a PITA to find out. Im not sure how to read these values or what they should be but here is a copy of the log file attached

SHOdded

I do see some fuel pressure dropout during WOT, happened twice during the 2 extended WOT sessions, datapoints 16,000 and 25,800 or so.  From 15 at max to around 12 at lowest during WOT.

Interesting the battery voltage never goes above 14V.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Datalogs are much easier to read if you load them into livelink....

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 26, 2015, 11:41:10 PM

The 2015 is the same way.

The 2013 was always well into the 14s.

kskrew4life

Quote from: SHOdded on July 26, 2015, 11:41:10 PM
I do see some fuel pressure dropout during WOT, happened twice during the 2 extended WOT sessions, datapoints 16,000 and 25,800 or so.  From 15 at max to around 12 at lowest during WOT.

hmmm thanks for pointing that out.. It seems the injectors has the capacity to flow more than the fuel pump can maintain..... probably would cause me to run lean , higher combustion temperature or heat soak. perhaps there is too much boost with this tune. i saw a max of 19 psi... what are others seeing?

SHOdded

If those are spikes, you should be OK, better to run under 14-15 psi most times though.  You can have Torrie dial it back.

FRP drop could be just what the tune does before a 2-3 shift, haven't seen that behavior for other gearshifts (from the few logs I have seen).  Could be that the LPFP (intank) fuel pump is an issue here.  Sometimes it is the HPFP (engine bay) fuel pump.  Or it could be the LPFP control module.  OR it could actually be a faulty injector.

Continuing to look through the data ... 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

kskrew4life

Quote from: glock-coma on July 26, 2015, 10:06:43 PM
Maybe an exhaust leak or vacuum leak somewhere.

Maybe i should return to stock and log some WOT and see if i get similar results. 

SHOdded

Excellent idea!  Wait till you feel the SHO has settled back into the stock tune, then datalog.

kskrew4life

Quote from: SHOdded on July 27, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Excellent idea!  Wait till you feel the SHO has settled back into the stock tune, then datalog.

How long do you think the ECU takes to relearn after a flash?

kskrew4life

BiGMaC

Quote from: kskrew4life on July 27, 2015, 04:29:33 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on July 27, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
One "driving cycle"... About 45 min with varying speeds, etc

How long do you think the ECU takes to relearn after a flash?

One "drive cycle"... About 45 min surface and freeway mix.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Ford puts out a yearly guide that tells you what the drive cycle should be.  I have linked it before on the forum.  Let me see if I can find it.