• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois Tuning Next Week

Started by geswek, June 30, 2013, 10:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on July 05, 2013, 10:40:01 PM
There he goes with the weird again.........

Yeah, someone needs to put him in a closet or something.

geswek

Tune files came in; heading out to flash it and go grocery shopping.

I also had to get two front glass tint replaced; bubbles blah.

Oh, turns out I have another scratch in the glass; back door drivers side. I have to go to Ford and get that entire piece of glass replaced. It's funny, I had to get the little piece on that same door done because it had a razor blade gouge in it.

DJE624

Let us know how much you love the tune!

geswek

I'm driving it now.

Not sure, I have WOT yet.

DJE624

You should still feel and hear a difference.  Well, maybe not so much hear a difference with the Corsa and AirRaid.

geswek

Oh I feel a difference. I just haven't been somewhere that I can WOT without drawing attention to myself.

geswek

Alright.

Here's my take on this. It's rough as hell but I'm told because our transmissions learn it will smooth out.

I just did a WOT take off at light with TSC off, not in track mode. I felt car hunch down in back so she was definitely pulling. The second gear shift was hard, like what did I break hard.

I'm also hearing this wheel rush of air around 3k if I get on it. I don't know if aerodynamic, as you know car is not exactly quiet wind wise. I had stereo off because I wanted to listen for leaks. I didn't hear any just this sound and I can't tell if it's from intake or not, probably is. It's only when I get on it.

So far, good. I need to find a place I an test it. I'm not sure when to push it hard since transmission is shifting harder than usual.

DJE624

Sounds good.  By 3K your intake is probably full flow and the turbos wound up.  It's going to be different than mine with stock exhaust and just a K&N drop in.  Every noise on yours is amplified X10.  I did have to get a little used to the trans.  Either that or it did learn a little.  After 1K on the tune, it feels all normal to me.  (Though it sill feels like it downshifts or breaks when I let off.  Probably going back to vacuum from boost?)  The biggest overall difference I noticed was when I had to return to stock.  Then it felt sluggish and mushy. 

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on July 06, 2013, 04:05:58 PM
Sounds good.  By 3K your intake is probably full flow and the turbos wound up.  It's going to be different than mine with stock exhaust and just a K&N drop in.  Every noise on yours is amplified X10.  I did have to get a little used to the trans.  Either that or it did learn a little.  After 1K on the tune, it feels all normal to me.  (Though it sill feels like it downshifts or breaks when I let off.  Probably going back to vacuum from boost?)  The biggest overall difference I noticed was when I had to return to stock.  Then it felt sluggish and mushy.

It definitely shifts hard as heck--I found a nice 1/2 mile stretch in middle of nowhere--going up there tomorrow to test the tune out.

You need to get off your soapbox and buy an Airaid; it does sound good and sucks a ton of air in. I checked the sealing and it does a great job; at least I can see serious indention on my firemat where the box is sealing around the edge.

I got some other things in works.

I have a feeling upgraded turbos and meth are going to get me sooner than later.

DJE624

That's good to hear.  Indents in insulation.  I've got dibs on a used one for next month.  Still don't know if I want to do it.

TSS

Car feels better after 100 miles or so.  Happens every time I remove and re install the tune.   When I initially installed the first time I had that  hard 2nd gear shift at wot as well.  It all smoothed out on iys own with miles.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

mjhpadi

Didn't know, I've never had reason to put the stock back in after I put in the tunes.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350