• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cedar Falls Raceway 7/11/15

Started by ElvenSho, July 10, 2015, 02:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElvenSho

Midnight Mania:  Gates will open at 8pm with racing from 9pm-1am. I will be there until about 12, if you see me say hi. I hope I am not the only SHO there!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on July 10, 2015, 03:08:08 PM
Good luck, set a new PB :)
It will be my first time with the sho. I WANT 12S!!!!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on July 10, 2015, 03:29:26 PM
You mean low 12's, right ;)
I wish but I doubt its possible with mods I have, but I will try lol.

ZSHO

I would personaly let her cool down for a couple of hours and about 12.30 try to get a couple of runs in,figuring the elevation and your current mods probably see a 12.99 ET and best of luck to you. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ElvenSho

Quote from: ZSHO on July 10, 2015, 10:40:42 PM
I would personaly let her cool down for a couple of hours and about 12.30 try to get a couple of runs in,figuring the elevation and your current mods probably see a 12.99 ET and best of luck to you. Z
Yes but its not good to race a cold engine? What tire psi should I use? I will do a run as soon as i get there and will let it cool for a bit.

SHOdded

Before running the SHO, you can also pull off the weatherstrip at the windshield cowl/firewall to help any built up heat escape.  Put it back on after you are done for the day.

Read through this discussion, it is very informative:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=1239.0

Engine should not be stone cold.  Preferably, the transmission should have warmed up, the coolant will have warmed up well before that.  So if you drive a few miles to the track, that would be enough.  If you have a long drive or are stuck in traffic, definitely help it cool down a bit at the track first.

Tire pressures are something you will have to play with to see what works with YOUR tires/tire condition.  Don't want to set off the TPMS alarms for sure, so probably no lower than 28 psi.

ZSHO

Quote from: ElvenSho on July 10, 2015, 11:35:16 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on July 10, 2015, 10:40:42 PM
Yes but its not good to race a cold engine? What tire psi should I use? I will do a run as soon as i get there and will let it cool for a bit.

I would not drop the tire psi to much,drop them down to 30f-32rear and gradually decrease your psi accordingly after each run until you find the sweet spot,most importanly focus on your 60'times for comparison,bring a portable tire inflator with you,actually SHOnUuP is the 60' guru. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

26 psi, 2200 rpm launch, stage as shallow as possible, brake pedal on these cars have a long distance to travel...so remember to get that foot moving fast also, if you have time in the staging lanes I like to wipe the tires clean because at Milan you pick up tons of rock debris...good luck on the 12's...

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 11, 2015, 07:14:54 PM
26 psi, 2200 rpm launch, stage as shallow as possible, brake pedal on these cars have a long distance to travel...so remember to get that foot moving fast also, if you have time in the staging lanes I like to wipe the tires clean because at Milan you pick up tons of rock debris...good luck on the 12's...

Rich
I am getting rdy to go! I will follow ur directions. 26psi in rear tires also? Its 86f right now but hoping it cooles down throught the night. I want 12s badly to prove my friends wrong, even took out the spare and will make sure im at 1/4 of gas when I run it.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ElvenSho on July 11, 2015, 07:18:13 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on July 11, 2015, 07:14:54 PM

Rich
I am getting rdy to go! I will follow ur directions. 26psi in rear tires also? Its 86f right now but hoping it cooles down throught the night. I want 12s badly to prove my friends wrong, even took out the spare and will make sure im at 1/4 of gas when I run it.

That's what I was running last time, netted me a few 1.77's and nothing over a 1.81 60'...the heat will be your enemy...if it's not liking it early in the night I'd park it and try the later times to run it...temps should all be in a good range still, takes awhile for trans to cool once heated and the coolant and engine will warm up no issue in 5 minutes.

Avoid the water box...if you cant, do multiple "burnouts"...

May the force be with you...;)

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 11, 2015, 08:04:26 PM
You have e/85 mix?

Rich
Nope its an 2011 i dont think i can mix? I am running 93 octane no ethanol. I can add a gallon of e85 if it would help?

SHOnUup

Very much...if your tank is low on fuel now you need to calculate...1/4 tank equals about 5 gallons...so I'd add half a gallon to that to be safe...

Rich