• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oil pressure sender location?

Started by Stuntz, August 11, 2015, 09:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuntz

Hey guys,
After doing a few hard pulls with the car today I started receiving a low engine oil pressure alert.  At first I did what all of us would do and turn the car off to check everything out.  I had the right amount of oil etc. and the engine was not overly hot so I decided to see if there was a code and there was not.  So I started it back up and the light was not on and at idle there was not any audible knocks etc.  I watched my temp and it didn't go above 186* (it's over 100* outside right now).  At this point I figured its a fluke and decided to start driving again.  Everything was fine until I started to come to a stop.  The light came back on again.  I didn't turn the car off, just listened and watched the temp.  Nothing.  I decided to go again and as soon as I took off the light went off.  It did this multiple times on the way home so I'm pretty sure its a harness issue.

So... here's my question.  Where is the sensor located?
2013 SHO PP
Unleashed Tuned, Airaid, 3 bar, 170 t-stat, H&R Springs

SHOdded

From the diagram on Fordparts.com, looks like it is in the vicinity of where the oil filter assembly attaches to the block.  Maybe the FSM or Chilton's will have a better illustration.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Stuntz

That at least gives me an area to look. Thanks
2013 SHO PP
Unleashed Tuned, Airaid, 3 bar, 170 t-stat, H&R Springs

66 Galaxie

IIRC the oil pressure sender is on the front/bumper side of the block slightly above the oil filter assembly towards the passenger side by the back of the alternator.  You can probably see it using a flashlight from above.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost