• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

13' sho awd not working

Started by f8tlSHO, July 06, 2015, 08:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f8tlSHO

Has anybody ever had the car basically be in fwd? What controls the car to apply power to rear wheels? My car burns the front tires with ease.. It has a unleashed tune. Is there a sensor that controls this? I want to change ptu fluid, car has 55k on it. Don't know if it has ever been changed.

Sent from my iPhone
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

AJP turbo

I'd like to see what you consider burning the front wheels because so far everyone that's said that and had a video I disagree with..it may spin and squeal and cause a commotion but it's not really hurting acceleration..let it sequel and eat

Seems to take at least 600 hp to do awd burn outs from what I know...could you have a fuse blow or something disconnected at the rear diff?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

f8tlSHO

With traction control on the light is flashing constantly from a stop. If I turn the tc off is spins at least one tire through first gear and into second to about 30 mph. It's not squeaking the tires. This happened 2 weeks ago, I flashed stock tune back on, it went away. After a bunch of wot burnouts the stability control light came on and the left hand display said service stability control last time this happened. This has not happened yet this time, but it is acting exactly the same. Torrie said he never came across this problem. Would it have anything to do with the tpms light being on. Maybe it reverts to front drive when low pressure is sensed?

Sent from my iPhone
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.

AJP turbo

It's jacked up..take it to the dealer

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

The system is likely not getting accurate data from the wheel sensors/TPMS, which is putting it into an error/safety mode, hence no awd engagement.  Hopefully that is the extent of the problem and has not migrated to the PTU being burnt up.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

f8tlSHO

It has not happened with stock tune yet. So the dealer will not be able to help. I think it's more sensor related than ptu because as soon as I changed the tune it went away

Sent from my iPhone

ShoBoat

Quote from: f8tlSHO on July 06, 2015, 10:36:03 AM
It has not happened with stock tune yet. So the dealer will not be able to help. I think it's more sensor related than ptu because as soon as I changed the tune it went away

Sent from my iPhone

Were there any codes set? I know with mine I got a communication error code when it happened once where everything shut down including the AWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

AJP turbo

Quote from: ShoBoat on July 06, 2015, 10:39:32 AM

Sent from my iPhone

Were there any codes set? I know with mine I got a communication error code when it happened once where everything shut down including the AWD.

Dude you have an awd car that's supposedly blowing off the tires with a flashing dash light...it sounds like the dealer could help...sometimes there is way too much speculation on problems here....sometimes when I race I get a service advancetrac message..I think from brake boosting and launching hard...then I restart the car and it's gone

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ShoBoat

Quote from: ajpturbo on July 06, 2015, 10:50:00 AM

Sent from my iPhone

Dude you have an awd car that's supposedly blowing off the tires with a flashing dash light...it sounds like the dealer could help...sometimes there is way too much speculation on problems here....sometimes when I race I get a service advancetrac message..I think from brake boosting and launching hard...then I restart the car and it's gone

All very true, that said he cannot replicate with the stock tune. At least if there are any codes set it might point him in the right direction. It's a little hard to walk up to the manager at the dealer and say "dude I have a problem with my car, it roasts the tires off it when I have my tune file loaded. Can you help me?"

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

f8tlSHO

Not yet this time, last time yes, but I forgot to check before reloaded stock tune.

Sent from my iPhone

f8tlSHO

Quote from: ShoBoat on July 06, 2015, 10:55:06 AM

Quote from: ajpturbo on July 06, 2015, 10:50:00 AM

Sent from my iPhone

All very true, that said he cannot replicate with the stock tune. At least if there are any codes set it might point him in the right direction. It's a little hard to walk up to the manager at the dealer and say "dude I have a problem with my car, it roasts the tires off it when I have my tune file loaded. Can you help me?"

what he said... Lol

Sent from my iPhone

AJP turbo

They do have diagnostics they can run without cel or dtc...and often they already encountered similar problems

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ShoBoat

Quote from: f8tlSHO on July 06, 2015, 10:57:00 AM
Not yet this time, last time yes, but I forgot to check before reloaded stock tune.

Sent from my iPhone

If and when it does be sure to write them down. It could be an indication of what is wrong with the car. Chances are if something is wrong and it's mechanical it's only a matter of time before it shows up with the stock tune loaded.

Sabtaj1

I had this happen on my 13 flex.  Was messing around taking some quick 0-50 runs and then leaving a light coming out of the turn I floored it and the front tires just roasted off. Then leaving the next light to check it I got into it and just roasted the tires through the intersection. Not sure if I got the PTU too hot or what happened. But haven't had a problem since. I was pretty worried. But if yours is doing it all the time then that's strange.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

f8tlSHO

Is the driveshaft always under power to the rear, and the differential have something that decides how much power to allocate to the rear tires?

Sent from my iPhone