• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Flex Specific TSB

Started by FaSSt9602, July 15, 2013, 02:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaSSt9602

So I had the Flex in last year for the TSB on the front brake caliper brackets and they did whatever was supposed to be done.  Been heading up north quite a bit this summer to get out of the heat and on the hills, I get HORRIBLE noise coming from the brakes, similar to pre TSB.  It is going back in the shop this week to have it looked at (under warranty) along with an interesting ticking sound at startup.

Anyway, does anyone know what to tell them?  Was the TSB the end all fix all for the braking issue?
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FaSSt9602

Right, which is what they were supposed to do last time, unless this is a second TSB...

Did this fix everyones issues for good?

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoPowerParts

It fixed mine but then I upgraded rotors pads and it actually made a difference stopping and brake fade.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FaSSt9602

It isn't really a problem with stopping or fade, just the horrible noise it will make.  Don't want to really test it, but haven't noticed any braking issues when it makes the noise....

crash712us

I had the brake TSB done right after picking my SHO, and was good for a few thousand miles and came right back. I just upgraded pads and rotors and its never been back since.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110