• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" Replacing Blend Door Actuator Instructions

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 30, 2013, 07:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosscav

No worries on the cabin air filter. I did that in June when I got the car.

I notice it does the click when I push the recirculation button too.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...

SHOdded

Can you localize the sound?  Normally an actuator is more of a ratcheting sound, but an early stage could be a click.  Wasn't there a tsb for the climate control module?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

elund126

Quote from: SHOdded on November 16, 2014, 10:49:14 AM
YH1779 (AA5Z-19E616-C) is the glove box one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280886764325

I believe the OEM part number for YH1769 is AA5Z-19E616-A.  Pics courtesy of Tasca here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281476136193

Wish I scrolled down farther and saw this. I ordered AA5Z-19E616-A thinking I needed it...I actually needed AA5Z-19E616-C (the one right behind the glove box).

Now that I look back, the very first post on here has it spelled out for me in plain English. Now I'm trying to figure out how in the heck I ordered the wrong part......I need a beer
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

elund126

I replaced the one behind the glove box, no problem. But, I still have only warm air on passenger side, so it must be the one on the passenger side of the center console. Has anyone replaced that without swearing? I can get one bolt off, but there is some big plastic thing in the way. Can't see the other bolt or the electrical connector.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

TSS

Quote from: elund126 on March 13, 2015, 09:22:47 PM
[quote author=SHOdded

Now that I look back, the very first post on here has it spelled out for me in plain English. Now I'm trying to figure out how in the heck I ordered the wrong part......I need a beer

I tried. ;)   

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Night Hawk

It may be the actuator also on the passengers side, located to the left of the unit behind the glovebox door. It is the one that fixed the issue in my 2010 after first replacing the glovebox unit to no avail.
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

Night Hawk

Black plastic housing as opposed to the white plastic.
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather

elund126

Quote from: Night Hawk on April 04, 2015, 08:18:25 PM

It may be the actuator also on the passengers side, located to the left of the unit behind the glovebox door. It is the one that fixed the issue in my 2010 after first replacing the glovebox unit to no avail.

Right...that is the one I need to change. In your picture, it is to the left, and you can see the bottom bolt. There is some plastic monstrosity in front of the actuator and it seems impossible to get to the other bolt or electrical connector without breaking something.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

Night Hawk

Yes I did swear a lot  in removing it lol.  The mechanic at Tasca providing install advice was surprised I was able to pull it off.  One of the reinstall tricks I do remember was to dremel the far side attachment loop that the bolt holds down in like a hook with enough clearance to be able to reach up and start the threading of the bolt then "hang" the hook over it enough that you can tighten it without loosing your mind.
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather

elund126

What a pain....the part I ordered is #AA5Z19E616A. This is actually the defrost/panel blend door actuator. The part I am trying to replace is #AA5Z19E616C....except the old part is labeled AA5Z19E616BA

So annoying. Now I have ordered all 3

I quit. The passenger side is going to stay hot for a while. Time to eat some hard boiled eggs and ham. Happy Easter
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

elund126

2 1/2 hours, blood, sweat, swear words, and 2 beers is all it took to replace the PITA blend door actuator.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

peppelepugh

i forsee myself ordering all 3 of these and replacing them all at once... i'm at about 62k miles, so why not just call it ONE AND DONE till the next time.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

elund126

Quote from: peppelepugh on May 05, 2015, 02:31:46 PM
i forsee myself ordering all 3 of these and replacing them all at once... i'm at about 62k miles, so why not just call it ONE AND DONE till the next time.

Change the hard one first......then life will be good.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO

curry67

finally got mine done after years of listening to that horrible sound. Ive heard my driver side one do it a couple times but it wasnt as loud and less often. im starting to think i should have done it myself lol 100 bucks on warranty.

68_GT

my a/c temp feels the same between 60-73*. Temp gets warmer at 74* and colder at 73 again.

doesn't feel like its blowing as cold as it should on both sides I rarely use the dual climate. Could this be a blend door actuator symptom ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler