• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Megan Coilover installation for 2009-2012 AWD vehicles

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 21, 2013, 12:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

Not sure if this the best place to post. So more driving impression since my install, so far I am really liking considering the weather sucks and I can't give any performance aspects about them. But the few miles I drove today in sub-zero weather the ride was very pleasant had adjust the back down a 2 clicks as rears didn't feel as forgiving on bumps. Now I want make sure I have everything set up right, I measure  ride height before and after and got everything dialed in with 1/16 of a inch.

But the question I have is that good enough for daily driver and goes to strip twice a year and the occasional triple digits spirited drive? Meaning would corner balancing be something I should consider? And if so its my understanding the adjustable sway bar end links are a must. Which I have found a source for and I will supply link to at the end of this thread.

And the other big question who can perform this service for me? I reach out to LMS through email. I guess my main question is this something I need?

fronts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120683231290?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Rears: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120683226891?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHOdded

Could talk to Massive Speed System (vendor on here) about that.  While they have not gotten into the Taurus area, they are quite present in the Focus area, so should be able to help out.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on November 30, 2013, 01:55:47 AM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 26, 2013, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: geswek on July 26, 2013, 11:25:36 PM
Megan wrote and said no intentions on the 2013 at the moment.

Haha, pogo effect. I had that today, it was fun. I felt like I was on a roller coaster.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am working on it, they will look at a car later this year.
I'm in direct communication with the general manager.
Please do not bug these guys or they may not do it.
Any update on this? Do they have a setup that will work on the 14 sport? I'd like to lower mine in the near future but would really like to install a kit like this rather than the H&R's.
I posted elsewhere that they are looking for someone to come by with their vehicle in California. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Frozen Taurus

Any trick to getting the sway bar end links off? It just turns and turns and there doesn't seem to be any nut on the back side to put a wrench on to stop it. And just to clarify the drive shaft nut is 1 1/4 inch?

And has anybody done this without removing the whole spindle and axle nut?  :curse:  :chair:
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

SHOdded

Don't know about the '11 SHO, but on the '07 Edge, there is a place where an allen wrench fits on the head of the bolt/stud to keep it from rotating while you remove the nut.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Frozen Taurus

Quote from: SHOdded on June 18, 2015, 07:29:41 PM
Don't know about the '11 SHO, but on the '07 Edge, there is a place where an allen wrench fits on the head of the bolt/stud to keep it from rotating while you remove the nut.

Ah yes that could be it looking at the photos in this thread ....don't know how I missed that lol
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers

Frozen Taurus

Instead of starting a new topic I'll post in here as it pertains to the install and adjustment of the coilovers.

I finally got around to starting the install of the kit today after much procrastination. I decided to do the rear end first. I set both adjustable coils to the same on both sides, buttoned it all up and dropped it down only to realize that the driver side was much lower than the other side. So I bounced the rear suspension and tried to get the rear to settle a bit and then took it out for a drive. When I got back it was still way lower on driver side (roughly an inch ). I adjusted the driver side coil more and more trying to even it out to the point now where I am roughly and inch now from the bottom of the sleeve ... and on the other side I am roughly an inch or so from the top.

Anybody else have this issue? I have not seen this much difference in other cars I have lowered.

:hmmm: