• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Windshield Hazing/Streaking

Started by geswek, June 30, 2013, 05:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on September 16, 2013, 08:14:01 PM
Should have bought a '12.

I'm thinking about selling it and buying a Corvette Z06.

:popcorn:

DJE624

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on September 16, 2013, 08:22:07 PM
Shelby Mustang.

LOL; yeah I'm totally full of s***.

I am thinking about yanking the airbox since it's now my DD and I rather have the lower IAT's in traffic. Plus I don't think Airaid is really even needed--

DJE624

I thought so.  You know my position on air boxes. Stock with K&N panel.  Best bang for the buck at $40-50.

SHOdded

I can see clearly now the haze is gone ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

Yeah Dave; probably sell it off to someone on here -- sure they'll want it.

I am excited to get new windshield; that hazing s*** when it rains was really BAD! Thank god I'm a young buck with good eyes so I was able to pay attention and not wreck.

BiGMaC

The tail lights on my  13 SHO line up fine, but the front PS corner of the hood is out of alignment on mine and every one I have seen... check the front of the car over the headlight.  I unscrewed the rubber bumper a little and that helped.  Like others I still love the car.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Lanson

This is an interesting thread, and it brought to mind a few ideas. 

One, I realized I don't use my wipers at all, except maybe to brush off bug guts or something.  I've found Jet Seal 109 to be extremely water-phobic, even more-so than RainX which is quite exceptional in its own right (but very hard to polish off a windshield.)  My previous 2010 Flex had similar behavior to your SHO windshield, now that I think about it.  I chalked it up to a microfinished surface that was privy to not being able to be cleaned like normal glass.  Side note, that glass also had an overall haze from what I believe was the laminate in the middle.  There was also a rippling effect, which was not pleasant.  A good excuse to trade up I suppose. 

I don't use many Zaino products anymore but I do remember their glass polish product being out-of-this-world good at cleaning dirty glass.  Also smells like tapioca I think. 

Oh, and waffle microfiber towels are your friend when doing glass.  They'll stop the micro-fuzzies from adhering to the glass after you "clean" it with a microfiber.  That, and/or newspaper.  For some reason, it works extremely well.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

geswek

I had them replace the windshield -- still hazed pretty bad but ended up taking some chemicals to it.

I guess when I was at track the Friday after the windshield was put on I had a ton of crap on the windshield from standing behind cars burning out before dragging.

Anyways; I clay bar windshield, cleaned it, and sealed it. It's not perfect but now I just don't care--it sucks period and is the first car I ever had to do this crap to. Maybe over time it'll get better or it won't.

Given all the other flaws I'm pretty much beyond caring anymore. Hood doesn't line up, most of tail lights (at least on cars I've seen or talked to owners with) don't line up on left side, windshield is crap, eh.

Don't get me wrong; the joy of car tends to not let me care about the other things. I just know next time I buy a $50k car I am going to look over it EXTREMELY close.

Lanson

Quote from: geswek on November 04, 2013, 07:45:17 PM
I had them replace the windshield -- still hazed pretty bad but ended up taking some chemicals to it.

I guess when I was at track the Friday after the windshield was put on I had a ton of crap on the windshield from standing behind cars burning out before dragging.

Anyways; I clay bar windshield, cleaned it, and sealed it. It's not perfect but now I just don't care--it sucks period and is the first car I ever had to do this crap to. Maybe over time it'll get better or it won't.

Given all the other flaws I'm pretty much beyond caring anymore. Hood doesn't line up, most of tail lights (at least on cars I've seen or talked to owners with) don't line up on left side, windshield is crap, eh.

Don't get me wrong; the joy of car tends to not let me care about the other things. I just know next time I buy a $50k car I am going to look over it EXTREMELY close.

LOL, Ford never sweats the details, hahaha.

Other brands do but their trans or engines are junk, or they have bad electronics reliabilities.  Shut lines perfect, engine blown.  lol.

I feel ya man. 
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

BiGMaC

I am trying a CQuart variant from CarPro for the glass.  Definitely gives it gloss. No streaking and no fogging yet.  Nothing sticks and it acts like Rain-ex... only better, very slick feeling and hydrophobic.   It's supposed to last 2 years  Like others I rarely resort to the wipers outside of a driving rain.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Gjkrisa

Do you have your ac on when the issue happens cant see any if the photos or video but if your blasting ac it will make the outside window fog up bad at times my grandma insisted doing that saying it is suppose to get ride of it in Florida but if you add some heat to the inside it will help the AC just takes the moisture out of the sir inside the car but need to play with the temp some

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Also in high elevation and hold outside I had issues untill I got the windshield hot enough. But most times I did not remember to start the car first and have to drive with window down till I got to lower elevation 5 miles from home.
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder