• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Windshield Hazing/Streaking

Started by geswek, June 30, 2013, 05:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalSHO

If you are talking about where the wipers return from the end of their travel back to the down position? Mine leaves those marks too.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

PopolZ

Mine does it as well and my windshield washer is my water/meth mix... it's about 60% methanol for now since i'm still using my winter mix.

It was streak free when I had aquapel on.

I thought your streaking was way worst.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

dalum

I tried REALLY hard not to posts this, but... A brick might solve all of your problems.
2013 Non-PP SHO

mjhpadi

I just re-read your first post....I think maybe your first mistake was taking it to a detail shop that has a "6 month wax job"...I've been around and I've NEVER seen a wax that lasts 6 months...none.  I'd be willing to be it's some kind of crap that they applied and got on the windshield that's caused this problem. 
Also, I'm assuming that it's somewhat better since you haven't really seemed to post about seeing the problem, and with all of the rain in your area later, I would think it would have reappeared. 
Hopefully you got it handled...but I certainly wouldn't go back to that detail shop, and I would be not allow any detail shop to touch my vehicle if they promised any detail that would last 6 months.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

It still happens, I just ignore it now LOL.

Oh, and I found another details shop.

Btw, don't laugh. I never was a detail guy. I always took my cars to people. I have no time nor interest of detailing my own car.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

geswek

It finally got to me.

I called Ford Customer Relations today about the windshield -- waiting on a regional to call me back.

mjhpadi

Again, good luck, hope you can get this resolved...just FYI, it is supposed to rain here today.  And it will because I did a quick detail and speed wax of the car yesterday! :wall:
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

geswek

It's been raining all morning--what prompted me to call.

The windshield was hazing/streaking--again it dissipates after 5 seconds--but if its pouring at my blades are constantly moving it just stays hazed whole time.

MJH; I thought about driving up to you and maybe paying you to help me clean the window as I have "zero" experience and you seem to have the whole detailing rig LOL. I figured we could try some of your ideas.

mjhpadi

You're welcome to come up, but I can't guarantee that I will be able to correct it.  This is one of the strangest things I've ever encountered.  But it's silly to make a special trip...maybe we could meet somewhere halfway and I could be all my junk with me and give it the old college try. Anxious to see what Ford has to say, and if they have any help.

geswek

Quote from: mjhpadi on August 01, 2013, 02:26:26 PM
You're welcome to come up, but I can't guarantee that I will be able to correct it.  This is one of the strangest things I've ever encountered.  But it's silly to make a special trip...maybe we could meet somewhere halfway and I could be all my junk with me and give it the old college try. Anxious to see what Ford has to say, and if they have any help.

It's not worth it for just that mate.

I am pressing Ford to replace the windshield; I have it on video clearly showing a problem.

SoCalSHO

i Hate Replacing Windshields. Lots Of Gravel Trucks Kicking Up Rocks. Got My SHO. Used A Dremel To Stop The Crack Though. It Is Off To The Side So U Dont See It So much
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

geswek

I got a call from the Ford rep today; she is contacting dealership and will follow up with me on Tuesday.

I told her everything I did, all the tricks, different shops, even dealership. I also told her I'm at the point where if they don't do anything to fix it--I'm just going to buy my own windshield and replace it. She asked me to hold on and let her try to resolve it.

I spoke about my loyalty to this brand, not my first Ford nor was it going to be my last.

We shall see; I don't think the detail shop did it--had they done it, it would of been gone by now after everything I've done. I think the windshield is defunct and the detail was just a coincidence when we actually started getting rain that would require significant use of the wipers.

mjhpadi

Good luck, looking forward to update!

geswek

Thanks Padi;

I'll for sure keep the site up-to-date.

DJE624

Good Luck on the new windshield!